Chapter 1

Taehyung's POV

I wish we didn't have to move away from our hometown. The place where I grew up; where my eomma is buried. But appa has a new position at Seoul General and we had to move to the city.

I've just entered my 16th year and it's practically the worst time for me to move to a new place and make new friends. Sometimes I feel like my appa doesn't understand my struggles but I know he is a good father. He's always taken care of me and my eomma.

I really miss my eomma. She was so beautiful, kind and a perfect wife to appa. We were a loving family. She was our backbone. When she died, a part of us died too. Appa and I have handled our grief differently. I rebelled and he ignored his, allowing his work to consume his life.

It's been three years already and he hasn't even dated anyone again. I love my eomma but she's never coming back. Appa has forgotten that he is still alive.

"Taehyunggie, I've enrolled you at Daeil High School on 5th Street. The administration has sent your pre-pack of stationery and personal student timetable. Your uniform is also in the pre-pack." My appa droned on.

I was barely paying attention as I was scrolling through my sns accounts.

"Taehyung! Did you even hear a word I've said?" Appa raised his voice an octave.

"Yes appa. My stationery, uniform, timetable." I listed off all he'd said, tonelessly.

He huffed and continued with his newspaper and coffee. For the life of me, I can't understand why he still reads the paper. It's so old fashioned when you can get everything digitized nowadays. But appa has a lot of old school habits. Like the clothes he wears or even the beat up old Volvo he still drives.

It's not like he's thrifty. He has a lot of money, being a surgeon. He just doesn't like to stray from his comfort zone. And I know, this move isn't sitting well with him either but he's trying. He had to adjust when eomma passed away, becoming a single father. His routine in life had to change and that too irked him but he tried. Now too, I know, he's trying.

"Get ready Tae-ah. I will drop you off on my way to work."

"It's okay appa. I'll take the bus. Don't worry, I'll be safe," I say, as I watch him open his mouth to dissuade me.
"I have my lunch money too. See?" I show him my pocket money and he seems satisfied.

"Fine," he sighs. "I don't know what time I'll be home so don't stray from your phone. Text me and I'll keep in contact with you. Also, I've engaged a noona to come in and get the place cleaned up and cook for you."

"Okay appa. Thanks." I wave to him and head out to catch the bus at the corner of our street. As I turn the corner, I bump into a smaller boy. He falls onto the ground, hitting it hard.

"Ouch! That hurt like a bitch!"

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there." I hold out my hand to help him up and he takes it, rubbing his behind.

"By the way, I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung." I hold out my hand to greet him formally. He pushes it aside and laughs.

"Bro! Don't shake like and old man. Do this." And he proceeds to show me a complicated handshake. I'm bewildered and he just laughs more.

"I'm Jimin. Jeon Jimin." He smiles and I watch as his eyes disappear into his face. I've never seen anything like it before.

"I see we're in the same grade."

"How did you know?"

"You're wearing the grade uniform that's exactly like mine."

"Oh! I didn't know. I thought everyone wore the same."

"Your first time living in a big city like Seoul. I can see. Don't worry. I got your back."

The bus arrives and we hop on. Jimin and I discover that we have most of our classes together. Jimin is very talkative and I'm more of a listener so we suit each other. By the time we get to the school gate, I'm now armed with all the knowledge I'll ever need to know about Jimin. From his favourite food to his parents' divorce, he's covered almost every topic and I managed to successfully nod at the appropriate places.

Daeil High school isn't any different from other schools except that it's an all boys private school hence most of the kids here are spoilt rich and bratty to boot

Daeil High school isn't any different from other schools except that it's an all boys private school hence most of the kids here are spoilt rich and bratty to boot. But I find my day isn't as bad as I thought it would be since I've made a valuable friend in Jimin.

He knows everything and everyone in the school so I'm saved the first day's humiliation of looking like the lost and listless idiot. He has a circle of established friends and they readily accept me as their own. A friend of Jimin's is naturally a friend of theirs, as I've discovered.

He has two specific friends that hang out with him, Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi. They are both in our year too. Hoseok, also known as Hobi to his friends, is very likable and Yoongi seems indifferent at first but warms up to me as the day progresses.

By the end of the school day, I decide that maybe moving to the big bad city wasn't actually the worst idea in the world. I just hope that my appa can be happier here than how he was back in Daegu.

************************************

Hey my swties 💖

I hope you are all well and I look forward to you supporting my new fanfic.

Please leave a vote and comment. You know I love to interact with you.

Updates here might be slow but I will try my best.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘