Chapter 11

Seokjin's POV

"Kim Namjoon! Is that you?"

The man turned around and faced me.

"Kim Seokjin! Is that really you?"

I nodded and smiled from ear to ear. One of my greatest friends now stood before me after sixteen years. I was gobsmacked.

"It is me Joonie," the pet name slipping out easily, even after so many years. I hugged him close.

"It's so good to see you Jin. Damn! It feels like forever. What are you doing here?"

"I work here Joonie. I'm a Specialist General Surgeon. I recently transferred here from Daegu."

"Wow! That's great Jinnie. I'm so happy for you. You look good."

"So do you. And, how has life been to you?"

"Life has been good to me Jinnie. Come let's walk. I'm the Registrar here. I'm also the Specialist Paediatric Surgeon. I have four hospitals under my watch so I periodically station myself amongst them."

"That's fantastic Joonie. Are you headed somewhere now or do you have time for a chat?"

"Lets take this elevator. I need to do rounds then I'm free for a bit."

"Great!"

We took the next elevator. As soon as it was about to close though, someone stuck their foot in the way, preventing it from closing fully. The doors pulled back to reveal none other than Jeon Jungkook himself. My breath hitched.

"Sorry about that. I just need to rush to the 3rd floor." He apologised without noticing us.

" He apologised without noticing us

"Jungkook? Is that you? Jeon Jungkook?" Namjoon looked at him questioningly

"Jungkook? Is that you? Jeon Jungkook?" Namjoon looked at him questioningly. I wanted to crawl into a hole.

Jungkook turned around and his eyes went wide when he noticed Namjoon.

"Oh my God! No way! Joonie boonie is that you?" He smiled and they high fived like little kids. I wanted to evaporate.

They fist and shoulder bumped like middle school baseball teammates. Then suddenly, Jungkook's eyes fell on me. I looked away. He turned the other way and engaged Namjoon in conversation.