Chapter 20

A/N: Thank you my swties for over 3K reads. You've given my first Jinkook ff so much love. I really appreciate it. Please extend your support to SKYLIGHT as well 💖

"Aanyeong eomma, appa," Jin called, as he entered his childhood home.

The sound of quickened footsteps brought back memories and Jin found himself becoming nostalgic.

"Aaaewwww my baby!!!"

Jin's mother proceeded to pepper him with kisses. It was kind of cute since she's way shorter than him, so he had to really bend down for her to reach. Neither could he get away from all the crazy kisses.

"Eomma....I'm not a baby anymore," whined Jin.

"Shut up! You will always be my baby. Even if you're 80 and using a walking stick!" She scolded him.

"If I'm 80, that would make you 100 or something or dead even!" Jin counted.

"Don't listen to him ajumma. He's just jealous that you'll still be beautiful at a 100 while he'll be a dried up ol' prune at 80," Jungkook teased, bringing their bags inside.

"Aaaawwwww my babyboy Kookie!" She transferred her lavishing of love on to him.

"Don't you think it's time you called me eomma?" She said shyly.

"Eomma!!! I've always wanted to call you that my jagiya!" Jungkook joked with her, kissing her on her cheek.

"Gah! You tease. You better watch out for this one Jinnie, he's still very naughty."

Jin rolled his eyes at the two of them. They hadn't changed a bit. He was stuck for life in their craziness. At least his father would be on his side.

"My son! How have you been? You forgot us hey." Jin's dad said, approaching their little reunion. "And where's my little TaeTae?" Looking around Jin and only finding Jungkook.

"He's at school appa. We need to talk. Can we go into the family room?"

Jin's father noticed his son's serious expression and patted him on the back, motioning for them to follow him into the room.

Jungkook and Jin looked at each other, before settling themselves on the couch.

Before Jin could say anything, his father held up his hand.

"We know son. It's all over the news. You don't have to explain anything. We want you to know that we don't judge you or Jungkook. You both are still our sons. We always treated you with respect and it will remain as such."

Both Seokjin and Jungkook let out a deep breath. Jin's eomma was smiling up at them.

"We just have one question though. What's all this about Min Jee claiming your child Jungkook? We're very confused about that." Mr Kim asked.

Jin proceeded to tell his parents the fantastical story of Jungkook and the twins. Their parents were fascinated but they didn't interrupt. In the end, they understood and were elated that they had not one but two grandsons to love.

"Well, I always wondered about Min Jee considering she was barren," eomma stated matter of factly.

"Say what?!" Jungkook was stumped. So was Jin.

"What do you mean eomma? And how do you know that about her?" Jin asked.

Eomma looked at them like they were from Mars.

"You didn't know? You mean to say, you don't know about her past, before she married Jungkook?"

The two men looked at each other, thoroughly confused. They shook their heads dumbly.

"Min Jee can't have children. She never could. I thought you knew that. I'm sorry. I always wondered how she had Jimin. Now this makes perfect sense."

The two lovers were stunned.

"Eomma, please begin at the beginning. How would you even know that she was barren? We didn't know them that intimately," Jin was confused.

Eomma sighed. "Well I suppose I should begin at the beginning as you've so eloquently put it son. Min Jee was married before. She was married to your cousin, Kim Seojun. You know Seojun? He looks a lot like you, but older. The rich Kims not like us middle class ones," she smirked. "Your keunabeoji's son."

Jungkook and Seokjin were dumbfounded. Neither of them had known this.

"They were married for about two years. She was crazy about him. But she couldn't produce an heir. Both Seojun and Mr Kang were disappointed. That's when the marriage broke down. Mr Kang had no idea Min Jee couldn't have children. But Seojun knew and he left her. A few years later, she married Jungkook. We all thought that her being barren were just rumours after Jimin was born. But now we know it was true," she concluded, looking on the shocked faces of the two men.

"Oh my God! I could kiss you eomma!" Jungkook squealed in delight. He jumped up and began doing a little dance with eomma, the two of them laughing.

Seokjin was lost in thought. This made perfect sense. Even the way Min Jee looked upon him with hatred. He resembled his cousin. She hated the entire Kim family because he left her. She was in love with Seojun but she couldn't give him an heir, so he left. He broke her heart and she hated the world.

"Poppy. We need to talk to Min Jee now!" Seokjin said.

Jungkook looked up from his mini celebration with eomma.

"Why? We can win this babe. She can never prove that Jimin is hers now."

Jungkook was confused.

"Baby, we have to convince her to drop the case. We can't go ahead with it! We're counter suing her for damages and emotional distress but this is all wrong." Seokjin was frustrated.

"Calm down babe. Let's sit and talk about this properly. What are you trying to say?" Jungkook asked his lover.

They settled on the couch with Jungkook holding onto his lover and rubbing his back soothingly.

"Poppy, Min Jee is just doing this out of spite and revenge on my family. But she doesn't understand how all of this is hurting Jimin. She loves Jimin as her own. Yes, she did lie and scheme to keep him, but she did it out of desperation and hatred. We can talk to her and explain how all this will affect Jimin and herself should the truth come out to the media. Her business relations too will suffer the consequences." Jin concluded.

Jungkook thought on all his words but he couldn't see any good coming out of it. Min Jee would never agree. She was venemous. Jungkook knew her too well. He had to find another way out of this. To save his family, Jungkook had to make some sacrifices.

************************************

Oh no! I'm scared. What is JK thinking?

Will Min Jee's secret be outed?

Until the next..... 😉

I purple you my swties 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘