Chapter 8

Taehyung and Jimin are huffing; pulling and tugging on the bags and bags they have with them.

"Jiminieeeeee....." Taehyung whines. "Why are these so heavy and why do I have to drag them like this?" He groans, throwing the handles of the bags away from him.

It's like 100 ° and Jimin is relentless in his chore. Taehyung wants to douse himself with ice water.

Jimin smirks and looks at his whiny best friend. "Don't complain TaeTae. We need these or our plan will be fucked!"

"What plan? It's already fucked! Appa and JK hate each other. We can't do anything, yet you still insist on your crazy antics!"

He smiles malevolently. "Don't worry bro. I got this. Just get these inside and you'll see. I promise."

When they get to the porch steps, Jimin knocks on the door until it opens revealing a cloud of smoke and his coughing, chainsmoking gomo Hyun-Ae. She just waves them in, not even checking who is at her doorstep.

"Urm gomo. Is it okay if we chat outside where the air is clearer? I have a proposition for you. One I'm sure you will enjoy," Jimin smiles knowingly.

She studies his expression and not detecting any falsehood, steps outside into the sunny day. Taehyung's jaw drops when he gets a full frontal of her chainsmoking self. He didn't know anyone could look like death and still walk around like normal.

"What do you need Jimin-ssi? And make it snappy!" She says as she eyes the many packages with an educated eye.

Jimin smiles. He knows he's already got her attention. Now to reel in the fish.

"Well, gomo. I had these cartons and cartons laying around with no one to take them off my hands so I thought I'd donate them to someone who might be needy. You know, as a charity, as it were." He smiles again. He's got her full attention now.

"Spit it out boy! Don't play games with your gomo hey. What do want in return for your charitable donation?"

Taehyung's eyes widen in disbelief. He has never seen anything like the scene unfolding in front of him. It's like a movie clip.

Jimin sits down on the dirty porch swing and digs into one of the bags retrieving a carton of cigarettes. A top brand. He swings it idly in his hand and winks at his gomo who looks at it like a deer in headlights.

"I just have a few questions gomo,  then all of this," he gestures widely with his hands, "is yours."

She sits down on an equally grungy chair and pulls on her cigarette, eyeing the two of us, not fully trusting Jimin. I know I wouldn't.

"What's the catch?"

"Catch? There's no catch, I promise. Just a few questions that you need to answer honestly. Nothing that concerns you though."

She still eyes him with suspicion but agrees anyway as she can't resist the many bags of cartons. She almost salivates. Taehyung visibly cringes.

She pulls on another drag and begins.
"Shoot. What's your questions?"

Jimin spreads his hands wide and looks at Taehyung.

"I want to know everything you know about Kim Seokjin and Jeon Jungkook."

Hyun-Ae coughs until she chokes resulting in a coughing bout that lasts as long as her eyes start to water. Taehyung rushes inside her house and gets a glass of water while Jimin rubs her back until she calms down.

"Kim Seokjin! I haven't heard that name in sixteen years. Talk about a blast from the past. Why you so interested in him and your dad? And what's this one's involvement?" She indicates Taehyung, whose eyes go wide with worry.

"I think, we'll be asking the questions gomo. Now, spit! Or we'll be taking our packages with us and be on our way."

He gets up and dusts his pants.

"Sit your manipulative little ass down Jimin-ssi. I just need a moment to recollect. That was a long time ago," she muses.

They both wait on her expectantly.

"Kim Seokjin. The high school nerd. But a handsome and popular nerd. He and your daddy were as thick as thieves. Grew up together since they were in diapers. Them and their group with Namjoon as the leader." She stops and pulls on her cigarette.

"Ask anyone in Busan and they'll tell you how those boys were. Stuck like glue, I tell you. Joined at the hip."
She pulled another drag and sat back again, her mind back in the past.

"I was much older than your daddy. Your daddy was what you would call a  'lamas lamb', an unplanned, late delivery for our mother. Those days, we were rich. I mean, filthy rich. But we lost everything after that damn bitch came into our lives!"

Jimin and I looked at each other, confused.

"Did you say, Kim Seokjin was from Busan?" Taehyung finally spoke up.

"You deaf boy? That's what I said, born and bred!"

Taehyung looked like he had been hit by a bus. He never knew this about his father. He always assumed they were from Daegu.

"As I was saying. Thick as thieves. Until one day, everything changed. The day of the school fair and that damn Kissing Booth!"

"The Kissing Booth!" Taehyung and Jimin screamed out in unison.

"That's what I said, didn't I? That day, all our lives changed. But the biggest change came for Seokjin and Jungkook. That day, they stopped being friends."

************************************

Well, what do you think of Jimin's aunt?

Do you think the boys should meddle in the past?

Thank you my swties for your votes and comments.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘