🇳🇬🔴LazyPenNaija🔴🇳🇬

Hello Hello sister (Jaymike's song😉)   *Whispers* So Damilola and Ella recently welcomed a baby girl.
Congratulations to the Bamiloye's Family. 💨
***

Okay..... People, we have a delicious Pot of Naija in the house 😂😂. The amazing Author of Drama in Royal Priesthood. The Author that cooks our pot of Naija slangs and other relatable stuffs. She's here to tell us a little story about herself; when she joined Wattpad, how she started writing, why she writes and some other things we readers should know.

Welcome with me on board LazypenNaija

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

So I’m LazypenNaija

Real name is Fagbenro Mary Oreoluwa.

Oreoluwa means gift from God so everything about me is a gift from God. Okay, I think I’m rambling already
I’m a conc Yoruba girl and I love my tribe a lot. Proud to be One.

I came across Wattpad like four or five years ago. For the first two or three years, all I did was read lots of novels; 'Chasing Red', 'The Girl
He Never Noticed' and all sweet dreamer books, Wattpad love and so on. Foreign books.
I never came across Nigerians or even Nigerian stories for that first two years or so. Not even once.

It  was very disappointing but well. I checked on okada books for those ones.

My first book here was 'Sink and Swim' which was just a freestyle and nonsense to me, didn’t get much reads. Foreign too, imagine writing about something and you only got the idea of that place from other books, it’ll sound a little bit off. The second one was 'Playing the Playboy' which was also foreign, I took that one off my profile last year too, even though lots of people actually loved it, but me? I wasn’t feeling the vibe in it anymore. It looked cliche and somehow cause I don’t even know what I’m writing about.

I started Drama in Royal Priesthood as a freestyle too, honestly. Hoping that Nigerians and other nationalities will read and move on. It’s actually a surprise to me that lots of people love and admire it. I think that’s the book that's giving me Wattpad breakthrough.
It definitely is.
I wrote it with all realness and relatability. Included some real life scenes in it. Asked friends who attended boarding school for their experiences. Added my secondary and university class scenes too. Lots of real life situations from different crook and corners, even the baby in toilet scene is real. Lots.

I started writing at a very young age of 6. Writing and drawing was a very great hobby of mine. I always wanted to write and draw everytime. Till secondary school, I aced English language, fine arts and even Yoruba language due to the Essays and all. I’ll write Yoruba stories and my yoruba teacher then would even advice me to start writing Yoruba stories to my collection of English stories too. Cause I used to add the ami and necessary stuffs. Writing essay was so easy and fun for me in school. I loved showing that skill off.
I loved writing, but back then, my mom used to ridicule me, honestly. You know Nigerian parents now, they are hardly supportive. She’ll say I’m wasting her book, her biros and all that. Very funny. It came as a shock to me when one of these past days, she asked me when will you publish one of your stories? Me: shocked.

It made me believe in one quote I saw that says: 'keep on doing what you do! People will adjust!' Imagine if I had backed down, or stopped writing cause mom isn’t supportive. Lmao! But no, I didn’t care, I kept on writing. And I honestly have this believe that I’m going to get to the highest peak in it as a career. It will happen, I’m very sure.

When I started writing Drama in Royal Priesthood, I just did it like okay! I don’t care what happens, I don’t care if I’ll survive as a Nigerian writer with this app that only foreign writers are known. But then turns out that this same Nigerian book made the way.

Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I feel satisfied. I don’t feel like I should be doing something else and when I don’t, the whole day seems incomplete for me.
I write to give myself strength, I write to be the characters that I’m not, I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. I write because my imagination needs to be shared, I write because writing makes me happy. I write because WHY NOT?
And finally what I have to say to other writers out there;

The book that will change your life is the book that you write. Don’t think about wanting it to be famous yet and all that. Okay, maybe it won’t be famous, maybe it won’t be loved but you won’t know if you don’t continue with it. Someday, you are going to be someone’s favourite author if only you persist and you’re consistent. That’s what writing is.
No matter what, KEEP GOING, your future self will be proud!

YOU CAN.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴

Thank you so much for your time Mary, I'm glad you finally came. The wait was worth it. May God honour you and fulfill every of your heart desires.
I hope you heard her right? Be consistent and you can.  Yes, you can. Stop doubting. As she said, you might turn out to be someone's favourite Author, it might be me, maybe.
Thank you for the wonderful speech, that just pushed someone into the hole of determination. Hey you! I don't pray you come out of the determination hole. Don't forget, keep going!

Coming up later on:💨💨
⚫️#Freestyle
Involving Eddie and some other terrific writers.

⚫️Continuation of the rotations of our amazing writers.

⚫️They are writers, but are also good in Stand up comedies.

⚫️Guess the Author and the book

Anticipate!!!!!!