Chapter 1: New School

A/N: Well, another new fanfic. I might be slower at updating this one. This takes place in a different world. Helga never met Arnold or any of the characters except her family. Also, Helga is close to Olga and Olga is only a year older than her.
Also, the title is a lyric from one of my favorite songs ever. Invisible cookie for you if you get it.
Let's get started :)

A new environment can go lots of different ways for different people.
Either a fresh new start or a recipe for disaster.
But it wasn't really that simple for me.
Let's start from the beginning... Because that's where a practical person would start... right?
My name is Helga Pataki.
My past has been kind of difficult.
I'm pretty nice if I do say so myself, but if you mess with me, don't expect to go down without a fight.

I used to live in Anaheim, California. I was expelled from my old school there.
I know, you're probably judging me and thinking I am a bad kid. But hear me out.

My older sister Olga, was being severely bullied.
From what I know, she was being bullied for pretty dumb reasons.
She was bullied for being a shy intorvert who cared about schoolwork a lot. She was labeled as a "nerd". Which I found pretty dumb.

I couldn't witness Olga getting bullied anymore, so I had to kick the bully's ass.
Because you do not mess with my family and friends. You just don't.
I got into a fight with the bully, and ended up breaking her arm.
I was expelled for fighting.

So now I'm moving to Hillwood, a place in Washington. Two months into my junior year of high school. For a fresh start.
It's not only me who needs a fresh start. Olga needs one too.
And so does my mom. She has a problem with drinking. And she is getting help here.
And what about my dad?

Well, he and my mom got divorced when I was in eigth grade. He's not really in my life anymore.
He is still in Anaheim. Even if he wanted to come with us (which he didn't) he couldn't. He's too busy with his oh so PRECIOUS beeper emporium there.
Even though nobody even uses those pathetic excuses for electronics anymore.
So how he still has that place running is beyond me.

I look out the airplane window as I finish eating my pretzels and Biscoff cookies. I could see the wavy clouds underneath me, and it was actually really cool.

I ate my last pretzel and then pulled out my pink diary and black pen from my pink jansport backpack.

Diary writing and poetry has always been something I love. I can release all of my emotions without judgement by writing in diaries. I've been keeping diaries since I was in first grade, and I am currently on my twentieth diary.

Dear Diary,
I'm on the airplane right now, on my way to Hillwood. I don't know how to feel about this. It's going to be hard to adapt to this new environment, but I'm just glad to get away from the stupid bullies who messed with my sister.
I wonder what this new town and school will have in store for me.

"Please put up your tray tables and keep your seatbelts on." The pilot announced on the loudspeaker. That meant that the plane was going to land soon.

About ten minutes later, the plane was finally landing as my ears started to feel plugged.
People were immediately standing up trying to be the first one to get off of the plane. And the people who weren't competing to get off were clapping. Like, chill out guys. We all wanna get off the plane, and we all will get off the plane.

Five minutes later, I got off the plane with Miriam and Olga. I was feeling tired after sitting in the same spot for hours.

And... we arrived at our brand new house shortly after that. It was a really nice two story, orange and blue triplex.
Goodbye Ahahiem, and hello Hillwood.