Chapter 7: Ice Cream

Night time rolled around and I couldn't sleep once again. I have had trouble sleeping lately because of so much stuff on my mind. I didn't think my new life here would be so eventful. I couldn't stop thinking about Arnold and the trip.

I started to write in my diary again. I reread everything that I wrote since I arrived in Hillwood. I noticed that 99% of the stuff I wrote since I got here was about Arnold. I didn't understand why all of these pages were filled with thoughts about him.
This diary is probably watching me like, hey, stop writing about Arnold! Write about something else!

After writing some more, I finally managed to get a little tired. It was time to go sleep for school, and I reminded mysef that there was only two more weeks before winter break.

Two weeks later...
(A/N: no Helga did not sleep for two weeks, it's just a regular time jump. I know that was kind of a weird spot to put it but ehhh)

Today was my last day of school before winter break. Inga had signed my permission slip for the trip, because she thinks Olga is going too. What Inga doesn't know won't hurt her.

Inga is still my nanny because it turned out my mom needed more time in rehab than she thought. My mom is far from perfect, and she did so many things that made me angry, and so did my dad... but I hope that she turns out to be okay.

Arnold and I have spent a lot of time together lately. But I can't figure out how to tell him how I feel. I barely ever get crushes, especially not one that feels this strong. So I don't know how to handle this. Because even though I am a stubborn girl who knows how to stand up for herself... I am secretly scared of rejection.

"You excited for the class trip?" Phoebe asked.

"Yeah, but I am a bit nervous too. But mostly excited." I said.

"I'm rooting for you and-" Phoebe started to say.

"Ice cream. We're calling him ice cream in public." I said.

"Okay, I'm rooting for you and ice cream." Phoebe said.

"She's rooting for you and ice cream?" I heard behind me.

I loudly gasped and then turned around. Standing behind me was ice cream, I mean Arnold himself.

"Don't scare me like that, football head!
Also yes. She hopes that I get ice cream soon. Because I love it and I'm craving some!" I said as I blushed.

"You deserve all the ice cream in the world." Arnold said.

BRIIIINNNG!!
Saved by the bell.

"See you later, football head." I said as Arnold made his way to class.

"You do. I've shipped you guys ever since you first spoke to each other." Phoebe said.

"We need to get to class." I said.

"Heading to class!" Phoebe said.

Today was pretty uneventful for the most part, except for the fact that everyone was going through anticipation about the class trip. It was all I heard about all day.

The next day rolled by, and I was on my way to the Hillwood airport.

I had convinced Inga to let Olga drive me there. After Olga dropped me off, she made her way to a hotel. I just hoped my little plan would work. My diabolic plans don't always work out, so I was hoping this one would.

Our class boarded our four hour long flight, on our way to Anaheim... This trip was the week where lots of secrets were revealed. This class trip was one hell of a ride...

I sat next to Phoebe on the airplane. Her and I had become really close friends since I arrived to Hillwood. She's really kind and supportive. Sure, her over enthusiasm sometimes gives me a headache, but she's still a good friend.

I opened up my backpack and pulled out my pink diary and black pen. I began to write about the possibilities of going back to my hometown. It was a very twisted quirk of fate that our destination happened to be my hometown. It almost feels like I'm in a fanfiction. But that can't be possible, right? I just have too much of an imagination, god...

"What are you writing about, Helga?" Phoebe asked.

"This is a diary. Which means it's a private book." I said.

"I already know what you're writing about anyway." Phoebe said.

"Just go back to watching your K-Dramas!" I said.

"Okay!" Phoebe said with enthusiasm.

Everyone just did their own things for four hours on the plane ride.
And finally, we had arrived in Anaheim after four pretty long and boring hours. It was time to begin our winter break class trip.