Chapter 2: After school

After lunch, I went through three more periods of the school day. I won't explain what happened, because for the most part, it was uneventful. Just normal lessons.

After my seventh and final period of the day, I went to talk to Phoebe before my bus came.
Olga was also waiting on the bus with me.

"Oh, this is my sister, Olga." I said.

"Hi, Olga. I'm Phoebe." Phoebe said.

"I'm so glad you made a new friend, baby sister!" Olga said.

Suddenly, Rhonda, Lila, and some other girl walked up to us.
"Remember! Party at my house tonight!"
Rhonda said and then walked away.

"Rhonda, Lila, and Nadine are the most popular girls in this school. Which I'm sure you could figure out." Phoebe said.

"A typical popular girl and her minions. I've seen that kind of trio at my old school." I said.

"Uh oh. It's Harold." Phoebe said.

"Oh brother, who are you introducing to me now? What's his label?" I said.

"He's a player. He's also a popular guy. He's been known to hook up with girls a lot, mainly Rhonda. Be careful." Phoebe explained.

Like I said before, people are usually more than their labels. So Harold is probably more than a player.
But still, I'm not going to associate with him.
I don't want to be treated like that, and I won't. And I'm really not interested.

Harold then walked up to us.
"You're new here? You're pretty and sexy here too." He said.

"Not interested." I said.

"I'm just being friendly, what do you mean?" Harold said.

"I guess if you call that just being friendly. Me, Helga G Pataki isn't easy, unlike some other people you might know."

"Oh, is this nerd Phoebe telling you about our reputations?
Why are you hanging out with this nerd?"

I was pissed when Harold said that. Him trying to hit on me was annoying, but him asking me why I was hanging out with a "nerd like Phoebe" really made me mad.
It reminded me of how Olga was treated for being nerdy.

"Okay, that's it Harold! You are not going to insult my friends or question why I'm friends with them ever again! Next time you do, you're gonna have to answer to old betsy and the five avengers!" I shouted.

"Old who and the five what?" Harold said and then laughed.

"My fists. That's their names." I said.

"You fucking named your fists? You're a freak. I bet you're also a freak in-"

"Don't even think about finishing that goddamn sentence. Bye. My friend, my sister, and I have to go to the bus."

I immediately walked off with Phoebe and Olga.
I got on the bus after my long but interesting first day at PS 118.

"Harold is so annoying and rude!" I said.

"You can say that again. I have no idea why people like him so much." Phoebe said.

"The mean ones are always popular. That's just how it is." I said.

"It's honestly true. I don't know why it's that way." Phoebe said.

"Harold hit on you too?" Arnold said. He happened to be in the seat in front of us.

"Yeah, he's annoying. He also ridiculed me for being friends with Phoebe. How does that dude pick up chicks?" I said.

"I'm glad you don't fall for his tricks. You're better than that." Arnold said.

"So, you going to the party?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's kinda bound to happen because I'm dating Lila and she's Rhonda's best friend." Arnold said.

"I think I'll go. It's a good opportunity to get myself out there. Being the new girl and all."

"I'll see you there."

"See you too."

Ten minutes later, the bus stopped at my house.

"Bye Phoebe." I said.

"Bye Helga!" Phoebe said.

My mom had left for two weeks because she was going to be at the rehabilitation center. I really hoped that it would help with her alcohol addiction. It would make the Pataki family much more peaceful.
Because of this, my mom hired a nanny and she was right there when Olga and I got home.

"Hello. I am Inga, your new nanny." She said. She had a swiss accent.

"Hi, Inga!" Olga said.

"Hello." I said.

"Helga, your shoulders are showing, and Olga, your jeans are ripped. That's not a proper look for school." Inga said.

Was this girl serious? Why did she care so much about what we were wearing?
She should see the stuff other girls at our schools wear.

"Ripped jeans are a trend. And nobody cares about my shoulders." I said.

"Teens are strange." Inga said.

Well that was weird that the first thing she said to us besides "Hi, I'm Inga" was that our clothes weren't "proper."

I went up to my room to find an outfit for the party. I went with this light pink chiffon dress with short sleeves, that went a tiny bit above my knees.
I left it on my bed until it was time to get ready.

A few hours after some unimportant and uneventful stuff happens for like 2 hours...

"Can I go to a party?" I asked.

"No. I don't want you going to a party." Inga said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You're in high school. And high school parties have a lot of alcohol. And since you're a teen with hormones-"

"Hold up! Slow down. I'm not going to drink. I don't want to. Because you know why you're my nanny in the first place.
And for heaven's sake, I just met the people attending the party."

Inga sighed. "I'll think about it. You do seem like a good girl, Helga."

"Okay... thank you."

Even though I didn't get an official answer, I still went up to my room and put on my dress with some kinda short black high heels. I then headed downstairs.

"Since you already got dressed and I trust you, you can go to the party. But you have to be home by nine." Inga said.

"Alright. Thanks." I said.

"You look pretty, baby sister!" Olga said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Have fun."

"Helga G Pataki always has fun."

I got my car and proceeded to go to Rhonda's house...

Sorry that this chapter was kind of short and uneventful.