Chapter 5: A Realization

The next day...
I woke up feeling groggy, and I actually felt tired, unlike last night. Isn't it weird how that works?

During first period, Arnold and I made some process on our English project. Meanwhile, Rhonda and Curly were arguing about the project. It was really bugging me. My brain felt like it might explode if I heard their loud voices again.

"We need posterboard." Arnold said.

"Well, let's ask Mr. Simmons for some." I suggested.

"Uhhh Mr. Simmons do you have poster board?" Arnold asked.

"It's in the storage room. You can go there." Mr. Simmoms said.

"Okay, thanks." Arnold said.

Arnold and I made our way to the school storage room. I was so glad to get away from Rhonda and Curly screaming.

"I'm glad to get away from Rhonda and Curly screaming at each other. It was driving me crazy." I said.

"Honestly same." Arnold said.

Arnold picked up some poster board and tried to open the door, but it wouldn't open.

"The door won't open!" Arnold panicked.

"Let me try." I said.

I tried opening the door, and it wouldn't budge.

"Well shit. We've been locked in." I said.

"I guess we'll have to wait for someone to get us?"

"That could take ages, football head."

"Is football head my nickname now?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Arnold smirked. "Okay, pink bow."

"Are you going to call me pink bow from now on?" I asked.

"If you're gonna call me football head, then yes.
I like your pink bow, as I said before."

I looked at Arnold's green eyes as he smirked, and let me tell you, it should be a crime to be this attractive.
I realized that we were avoiding the fact that we kissed at Rhonda's party. I don't think it meant anything to him, but I wanted to clear the air because I didn't want to pretend we didn't kiss.

"Arnold, we're kind of-" I started saying.

Before I could finish my sentence, Arnold started hyperventilating. I didn't know what was going on or what to do. I was confused

"I'm freaking out right now!" Arnold panicked.

"What's going on?" I asked, concerned.

"I'm claustrophobic. I can't handle small spaces like this." Arnold explained.

I didn't know what to do. I wasn't the best when it came to helping people. It was not one of my strengths. But I had to try my best.

"Focus on breathing." I said.

"I-I'll try my best." Arnold said with a hint of worry in his voice.

Arnold started taking some deep breaths, and I still didn't know what I could do to make him feel better.

"Can you hold my hand? As childish as this sounds, holding someone's hand calms me down." Arnold said.

I slowly grabbed Arnold's hand and smiled at him. I mainly held his hand to make him feel better, but it also made ME feel good. I don't know what's up with all the thoughts I've had about him lately.

"It'll be okay. I'm sure we'll be out of here soon." I said.

"I really hope so. You holding my hand is making me feel better." Arnold said.

Shortly after, I saw the door open. It was Phoebe who opened it.

"There you guys are. Mr Simmons wanted me to check on you because you were taking a long time." Phoebe said.

"We got locked here for some reason." I said.

"That's peculiar." Phoebe said.

"Yeah. Let's go back to class." I said.

Arnold, Phoebe, and I went back to class and carried on with the rest of the class period.
I thought about how I've been having certain thoughts about the certain blonde boy.

I was the kind of girl who did what she had to do. I wasn't a coward. I was willing and bold. So of course I accepted the dare.
But I began to wonder if the reason I accepted the dare was more than that. Maybe I was attracted to him, or better yet, liked him.
I don't get crushes very often, and I couldn't tell for sure if I had a crush on him. And I also couldn't tell if I was going to overstep my boundaries.
But he did take me to a place that no one else could. I thought about him a lot, and he gave me thrill and butterflies. There's something about him.
Oh god. I think I like him.