Chapter 9: Revealing Secrets Pt. 2

A/N: Hi guys! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in over a month! Online school has really been kicking my ass, but I've finally found time to make an update. Let's get started :3

"You like me like me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do. Is this too soon? I'm sorry if it is, I just-" Arnold started to say.

"It's not too soon. I'm just surprised that you feel the same way."

"You like me too?"

"How could I not, football head?"

"Thank god, I was worried you wouldn't feel the same way-"

"Shut up and kiss me again."

Arnold's face turned red as a tomato as he widely smiled. He then obeyed me and pulled me into a kiss. My heart started racing as our lips locked again. I had realized that I was allowing this boy to make me soft, and I didn't really mind.

We broke our kiss after a few seconds and I tried not to blush afterwards. It made me kind of mad that I was able to harbor these kinds of fuzzy, lovey-dovey feelings because I didn't see myself as that type. But at the same time, I liked the way it felt. I liked feeling this different unfamiliar feeling and I was willing to go out of my comfort zone for Arnold. I've never met anyone like him before and he was worth it for me.
Next thing you know, my dorm door bolted open, entering Phoebe.

"Helga, it's time to get on the bus. Same with you, Arnold." Phoebe said.

"Let's go, Arnold." I said.

Phoebe, Arnold, and I had boarded the bus for our first field trip. And secrets were still unvraveling...
I made my way to the back of the bus with Phoebe. That's when Lila came up to us.

"Hi Phoebe, I'm ever so sorry to bother you, but can I sit with Helga today?" Lila asked.

"Why do you want want to sit with Helga?" Phoebe asked.

"I just need to talk to her about something." Lila said sheepishly.

I was sure of what Lila wanted to talk to me about. She had wanted to talk to about what I saw in the girl's shower room. And possibly about Arnold as well. I knew I couldn't avoid it forever.

I sighed. "Let her sit with me, Phoebe." I said a tad bit reluctantly.

"If you insist, Helga." Phoebe said.

"Thanks ever so much, guys." Lila said.

Phoebe got up from her seat and went to go look for a new seat. Lila sat down next to me, and I felt kind of weird. I mean, talking to the ex of a guy you are developing a thing with is awkward enough. But talking to the said ex after catching her kissing a girl not too long after the break up is even more awkward.

"This may be ever so awkward for you, but I just want to clear the air with you about some... things." Lila told me.

Wow, this girl read my mind. Also, I noticed a pattern in her speech. She couldn't go a sentence without using the words "ever so." I didn't know what was up with that.

"What things?" I played dumb a bit.

"About me kissing Jill and what you asked me about it." Lila whispered.

"Oh yeah, I did ask you if you dated Arnold to hide the fact that you liked girls. That might've been a bit harsh of me. I just say things without thinking sometimes." I told Lila.

"It's ever so fine. That's not entirely true though. I really did like Arnold at one point. But it was oh so superficial."

"Are you really comfortable telling me about all of this? We barely know each other."