Chapter 3: Truth or Dare

Ten minutes later, I arrived at the address she gave me.
And wow. This house was huge. It was like a mansion. Probably the biggest house I have seen.
I went on her stoop, and I rang the doorbell.

"Hi, Helga! Glad you showed up. Cute dress." Rhonda said.

"Thanks." I said.

I went inside, and Rhonda's house looked even bigger on the inside. There was loud EDM music playing with people dancing. There was snack tables and of course, as Inga said, there was alcohol on those same tables. Because this is a teen party. How Rhonda got all of this alcohol as a sixteen year old girl is beyond me. I didn't understand what people saw in this stuff.

Obviously, I didn't want to drink the alcohol because of what happened to my mom. She drank alcohol everyday like an addiction until her body couldn't handle it anymore. She overdosed, and now she is paying the price in rehab.

I don't want to turn out like that, and I feel like it would be disrespectful to her situation to drink alcohol. And besides, I'm not even old enough for heaven's sake.
Helga G Pataki can have a good time sober!

"Hi Helga!" I heard from behind me.
It was Phoebe.
"You came too!" I said.

"Yeah. I usually don't do activities like this, but I decided, why not? And you said you were going."

"I'm glad you came."

Phoebe and I looked around and danced for a while. I then saw Arnold standing by the punch bowl. He looked handsome and- oh god, stop thinking about him like this Helga. He has a girlfriend.

"Who wants to play truth or dare?" Rhonda announced.

"Ohhh! I do!" This one black haired guy with a bowl cut and red glasses screamed.

"Calm down Curly." Rhonda said.

A good portion of us got into a circle to play the game. I decided to play this game, cause you know, why not.

"Uh, Curly. Truth or dare?" Harold said.

"DARE!" He said.

"That's Curly. He's a bit... crazy to say the least." Phoebe whispered to me.

"Okay. I dare you to leave Rhonda the hell alone!" Harold said.

"That's the worst dare ever. Also, we both know you don't really care about Rhonda." Curly said.

"Be quiet, both of you. Helga, truth or dare?" Rhonda said.

"Ummm... dare." I said.

"I dare you to kiss Arnold." Rhonda said.

I couldn't believed what Rhonda said in that very moment.
Was I dreaming?
This is my first day at PS 118, and I've
been dared to kiss one of the most popular guys there?
I didn't think anything crazy would happen at school, especially not on the first day. I guess I was wrong.
But Arnold already had a girlfriend. And his girlfriend happens to be one of Rhonda's best friends. Why did Rhonda dare me to kiss Arnold?

"But he has a girlfriend!" I said.

"Uh- I have a girlfriend Rhonda." Arnold said.

"It's okay. A dare is a dare and I don't mind." Lila said.

"If you say so, Lila." Arnold said.

I realized that I had to do the dare that I was given. So I walked over to Arnold, who was standing across from me in the group of people.
I was about to have my first kiss. I didn't imagine my first kiss being like this, but then again, I didn't think about my first kiss that much.

I leaned in and kissed Arnold slowly and sweetly as he touched my back and I touched his shoulders.
Then suddenly, the kiss got less slow and I felt a rush. I didn't recall feeling what I felt before.
This felt wrong, but it felt right at the same time.
Arnold broke the kiss after around ten seconds, and I started to blush. I had to process what had just happened. Why was I dared to kiss him and how did I really feel about it?
We played truth or dare for a little while, and it was almost my curfew.
I told Phoebe and Rhonda that I had to leave, and I headed out.
That was an interesting party. I actually had a pretty good time.
I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. I didn't know what it really meant. I don't know if it was meaningless or not.
God, talking to him is gonna be so awkward now.

A/N: once again, sorry for the short chapter.