Chapter 11: Going Home

A/N: Sorry for being such a slow updater, but here's a nice fluffy chapter :)

I, Helga Geradine Pataki, just entered a relationship with the most amazing guy I've ever met. He liked me back, he really liked me back. Was I dreaming?
I would've have been lying if I said wasn't scared. Because a part of me was afraid of giving myself to someone through commitment, but Arnold inspired me in a way no one else could. He inspired me to take a risk for someone I really care about. He inspired me to become the best I can be. So I took that step out of my comfort zone for him. Because I felt myself care about him more than anything I've ever cared about before. It happened pretty fast, but I was sure of it.

I took another step and planted a kiss on his lips. I slowly cupped his face and closed my eyes to savor the moment. This was not our first kiss, but it was our first kiss as an official couple. And something about this kiss was more ecstatic than our previous ones.

After I broke the kiss, we both didn't say a word, we just gazed at each other with blushing faces.

"You know what's special about you?" Arnold asked me.

"What's special about me?" I asked.

"You're one of the only people who like me for who I really am, not the label I have. That makes you special in my book." Arnold said.

I let out a soft, lovesick sigh after he said that. I was in a romantic mood, but with romantic Helga, you also get real and straight-up Helga. So I was about to lay something real on him, but also kind of romantic at the same time.

"People who only like you because of your popularity and not your kind heart and amazing personality are idiots. You're much more than a popular guy. I like you and care about you because of who you are, not what you have." I told Arnold.

"Thank you so much, Helga. You're amazing in every way. I'm so glad to have met you." Arnold replied.
I wasn't used to having heartfelt conversations with people, but with Arnold, it felt amazing.

Nothing else very much worth mentioning happened on the trip, just normal vacation stuff. One week later, it was time to go back to Hillwood. Being back at my hometown for a class trip was interesting to say the least.

Over the week, I got to think about what my dad said to me. About him being sorry for treating me the way he did. A part of me was still bitter and felt like I'd always hold some resentment for what he did to me in the past. But another part of me appreciated that he threw his pride in the trash for that moment to apologize. If I ever did see my dad again, it probably wouldn't be for a very long time because he and my mom are divorced. But I tried my best to let go even though I knew I probably couldn't fully do that.

Our class then got ready to board our airplane back to Hillwood. I was slightly surprised about how much I enjoyed the trip, but I was glad to go back to Hillwood. I was glad to go see Olga and start my life in Hillwood as a girl who is dating Arnold.

I went to an open seat on the airplane by one of the windows. I noticed that Arnold was following me and sat in the seat next to me.

"Glad to see you here, blue cap." I said.

"Of course I want to be sitting next to my girlfriend on the way home." Arnold said.

Oh my god, why is my heart beating so fast? Why must he do this? I thought as I grabbed Arnold's hand and laced our fingers together.

Arnold then rested his head on my shoulder as our hands interlaced.

"So, how did you like the trip?" Arnold asked.

"It was pretty good." I said.

"Was it because I was there?" Arnold asked.

"Maybe." I said nonchalantly to tease him.

Arnold then gave me side eyes as he smirked, causing my face to turn red again, which was something that often happened when I was around him.

"Yes..." I admitted.

"I knew it." Arnold said.

"Then why did you make me say it? I blushed in front of you and everything!"

"I like it when I make you blush."

"You are a such a sap."

"But I'm your sap."

Arnold sometimes said the cheesiest things, but I secretly adored that.

We sat in our seats holding hands as our plane took off to go back to Hillwood. I was at peace with his hand in mine. I felt a sense of security with his head on my shoulder. I didn't worry about what would happen when we returned home. All I thought about in that moment was him. I didn't know what it was, but he gave me hope, comfort, and joy.

About four hours later, the plane landed and our class trip was officially over. I couldn't wait to see Olga and hopefully my mother too.

Once our class left the plane, we made it back to Hillwood airport, the place we left a week ago.

"Baby sis!" A cheery, excited, slightly high voice was heard from the distance.

I turned around and I saw that Olga was waiting for me by the baggage claim. I rushed over to her and gave her a warm reunion hug.

"I missed you so much!" Olga exclaimed.

"I missed you too." I said.

"How was the trip?" Olga asked.

"It was great. And uh, pretty eventful."

"You'll have to tell me all about it when we get home! I want to hear the details!"

"I will."

Since Christmas was right around the corner, the airport was covered in Christmas decorations. There was a Christmas tree with shiny red and blue ornaments and fake presents. There were also luminous red and green Christmas lights. It was very festive for the upcoming time of year.

I walked over to Arnold who was waiting a few feet away from the first chair in the airport terminal. Everyone in our class had already left to go back to their houses, so we were the only people from Mr. Simmons' class in thr airport.

"Hi, Arnold." I greeted to him. In the time I've known him, I've called him football head or blue cap a lot. And those nicknames I have for him make it more special when I call him by his actual name.

"Hi, Helga." Arnold said.

"Are you glad to be back home?"

"It's a bittersweet feeling. I think I'll miss California but I do like being back in Hillwood. And I'm glad to spend time with you here."

My face turned a light hue of pink when he said that. Usually I wasn't the overly lovey dovey type or at least I wasn't one to show it, but ironically enough, when Arnold said the the littlest romantic thing, I felt butterflies. What was he doing to me?

"Helga, look above you." Arnold said sheepishly as he pointed to the ceiling.

I looked up at the ceiling and hanging there was a miseltoe, another one of the festive Christmas decorations that I didn't notice before.

"We're under the miseltoe..." Arnold pointed out.

"Did you go under the miseltoe on purpose because you knew I would follow you?" I asked.

"Maybe." Arnold said, a simper on his football face following.

"You know you don't need to use the miseltoe as an excuse to kiss me." I said flirtatiously and leaned in for his lips slowly and sweetly. Arnold returned the kiss with the same rhythm as me and started stroking my hair. I was a bit nervous because we were literally standing in a public airport as we kissed, but I quickly directed my mind back to Arnold and only Arnold.

Our faces were the same shade of read after the kiss ended, and I could hear my own heartbeat.

"I'll see you later, beautiful." Arnold said.

A/N: that was the cheesiest, fluffiest chapter I've ever written haha.

Also, I'm gonna be taking a small break from this story because I'm focusing on Shortaki Week. Hope you understand :)