Chapter 1- History

I place my head on the cold glass, my wavy brown hair falling over my eyes. How could they? How could my family do that to me?

I sigh, remembering that year.

------Flashback------

"What do you mean, mom?" I snarl at my step-mother.

"I-I, um, y-you a-are...." My step-mother stammers, frightened like a doe.
"We are sending you to Mythical School...." My father says simply.

I growl, "You mean you are selling me to mythical school!"

My 'father' looks at me, emotionless, "Why do you think that?"

"You are so afraid of me transforming into something more powerful than you that you are selling me away! You knew mom's animal, and knew she was powerful, that's why you let her die!" I scream in tears.

My father growls, and turns around. "Take her away," he whispers dangerously.

I scream, shout, and kick as my father's strong men grab my arms and drag me out of the room. "You are so low that you have to sell me to get money!" I holler out, not even getting a reaction from my father.

A guard quickly slaps his rough hand over my mouth. I yell into his hand but no sound comes out.

My older half-sister sneers, "Have fun at 'school'. Too bad you can't transform.... Then maybe you would be special." My sister took my dad's side of transforming into a werewolf. It is rare for a female to be able to transform so my sister likes to rub it into peoples' faces.

I growl, my eyes flashing from their normal hazelnut brown color to electric blue.
I smirk as my sister, Sheila, steps back in surprise. The anger returns.

The guards keep pulling me out. I quickly skim over my 'family'. My father was disappointed, my step-mother in fear, and Sheila in shock. I growl, such a nice family. (Sarcasm)

"Sissy?" A small voice whispers, creeping from the doorway. I give a small smile to my younger half-brother, "Hey bro..."

Clear sorrow was plastered on his young little face. I look at him and sigh. He looks so much like mom, "Take care of yourself, for me, please?" I ask.

William, his brown eyes glossy and his hair messy, nods, "Come home soon, Kathy."
I whisper as I feel the painful sleeping shot puncture my skin, "I will....."

-----Flashback ends-----
That was 5 years ago. I am 17 now.

The 'school', it turns out, was actually more of a prison. They did things to kids to make them forget that they have the power to transform into a mythical creature. They even tried on me, but ha, how wrong they were to do that.

I transformed 5 years earlier than normal, on the night of my mother's death. Nobody knew, and I made sure to keep it that way. I learned to mask the scent. However, on the night I transformed, at age 10, I learned my creature is extremely strong. I don't remember what animal I am for I was to grief stricken to remember.

But I was scared of my creature's power.

After a while in this school, however, I decided to run out. So, one random night in the 'prison', I decided it was time to break free from its torturous walls. I escaped and quickly became a free-runner.
Free-runners are outcast Mythical Creatures. They usually don't have a pack/family and have difficulty surviving in the Mythical World.

I smile remembering my last fight. Free-Runner females are very rare. Free-runner transformer females were even rarer. Many people try to take advantage of Free-Runner females because they usually can't defend themselves. But boy, people quickly learned their mistake when they try to mess with me. Yes, I do get into fights a lot.

But to tell you the truth, I like my life; just being an outcast. However, all Free-Runner who have been reported strong were quickly taken and shoved on a bus where they learned they are going to Mythical Academy. Mythical Academy holds some of the strongest creatures, so they decided to give Free-Runners a chance to prove themselves to be worthy and powerful.
This sucks because I apparently was reported multiple times.

"Alright gentlemen," the intercom of the bus sounds.
I cough angrily.
"Oh and lady, we will be arriving to the Academy in 5 minutes so get yourselves and your stuff ready to be boarded off."

I sigh, taking out my headphones and putting them into my backpack. Forget the past. My eyes gaze the landscape outside. It was a rainy day. However the gorgeous forest with mountains behind the sea of trees was still seen. The forest slowly blends into a beach that had white shores and peaceful waters. The gray overcast adds a calm but dark mood to the landscape.
This was a perfect place for all creatures; apparently.

The bus stops rapidly. I hiss as I slam into the seat in front of me.
"Hey! Watch it!" yells a male voice from up ahead of me.

I mumble a quick 'sorry' and look down.

The boy pops out from behind the seat. He had well-groomed raven black hair with aqua blue eyes. His jawline was sharp and strong. His body was well-defined with muscles and his posture just screamed power. He had a nice complexion of olive skin and was gorgeously fit. I would be drooling if my years as a free-runner didn't teach me otherwise. "Hey, look at me when you talk to me, slut-runner" he sneers.

*B*tch mode activated*
I look up at the cocky boy as things click.
I realize he is probably the student who was assigned to this bus to make sure we don't start a fight.

A slut-runner is usually the name for Free-runner females. This name came around for a way to survive as a free-runner female is to have fun with men in bed; therefore, the name slut.

"Say that again pretty boy!" I snarl.
He raises an eyebrow, amused, "What are you going to do slut-runner? Make me pay? How much you charge?" He smirks.

I growl, knowing that if I step out of line I will be severely punished. This isn't the streets, this is a much nicer community; apparently.
He sneers, his eyes flashing red.

I allow my eyes to flicker blue then back brown. I grin as he jolts slightly.

"We are here, please exit the bus, and good luck this school year!" The intercom sounds.

I quickly stand up, heaving my backpack across one shoulder, and leaving the shocked boy in his seat.

There were hundreds of students on the large grass field in front of the school. The school was a small one story building. It had a simple tan coloring and was quite small. Most classes were outside in the huge empty grass field that surrounded the school.

Almost all the normal mythical creatures were looking at the buses that were unloading free-runners hatefully. Though, a few surprised looks were shot my way as I step out of the bus.
I look around, already hating this year.

I feel a breath on my shoulder and goosebumps run down my arms, "You should not have made that move, free-runner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! This is my first story on Wattpad, and I hope you enjoy! The first chapter is kind of a history and background chapter. The others have the same style, but are not filled with so much history. They are more action based...

Please give a it shot.....

Enjoy!!!