Surprise Attack

" Do you guys have any chili fries on board? " Ben asks Hal and John, seeing them finished with their 'conversation' about him.

Receiving questioning looks, Ben figures that they probably don't have some on hand, but just to be sure, he's going to take a stroll around to find the pantry area.... and a restroom.

" Where are you going? " Hal asks seeing the teen give up on them and walk away, but the only answer he got in return was a wave of Ben's hand with his back facing them as he walks away.

" Anyways, we're needed in the meeting room. To discuss our next course of actions. " John informs bringing Hal to the third room in hallway on the left, the latter following along but hesitent on leaving Ben by himself.

' He'll be fine, besides what could possibly go wrong? ' He assures himself.

Everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong.

Due to Ben's button pressing the first few minutes into his arrival, the Red Latterns took it as a declaration of war from the ones who launched the missiles. And judging by the glowing green missiles they managed to catch a glimpse of before they exploded, they were pretty certain the Green Lanterns were behind it.

Hence, they all returned back to base, and waited for the brains behind their attack, to pinpoint where the missiles came from. And once they determined that the attack came from space - Which lets face it, wasn't really that hard, the missiles practically came out of nowhere after all - the group of villains split up and the larger, more maniacal group flew to the coordinates they were given while the rest stayed on Earth.

And within an hour or so, they began bombarding the temporary base of the Green Lanterns, the moment they laid their eyes on it.

" Green Lanterns. " The same voice that relayed the threatening message, boomed throughout the base while the heroes fought back. " You are surrounded and there is no one to aid you, so Surrender yourselves or retaliate and die. "

Blatantly ignoring the threat, the Green lanterns continued to fight back against their attackers with all their might. None were willing to give up, not when there was still a fighting chance.

Ben in the mean time, was in the restroom when the attack happened. " Do you still have the will to push random buttons when you're on a unfamiliar base up in space next time? " The AI Azmuth rhetorically questions noticing the battle going on outside.

" I know what I did was wrong okay? Now let me make it up to them by helping them. " Ben says through the sounds of explosion and blasts that only just started outside the base.

Dialing the omnitrix and stopping on the alien of his choice, Ben quickly slaps him palm down onto the watch, triggering the transformation process along with the bright green flash.

" Gravattack! " The boy now alien exclaims in the bathroom.

" Should've done this outside. " The Galilean says immediately after, cramped inside the bathroom walls due to the sheer size of his body.

...

With the fight still happening at Green lanterns base, the heroes in Central city were able to get through the barrier the Red Lanterns made which was originally holding them in place. Now free, the heroes split up to help out those in need.

" Where did they go? " Black Canary asks noticing the obvious dwindle in the invading aliens forces. " I heard explosions over in Metropolis while we were suck in the barrier, maybe they retreated back to their base because of it? " Superman speculates, straining his super hearing for anything in the skies.

" Batman, come in. " Wonder Woman calls for the bat themed hero through the comms link. " Meet up in Metropolis. There are some things that need to be handled. " The heroes voice comes through, which gets voices of acknowledgement from the small group.

" Where's Ben, I haven't seen him since we entered Metropolis. " Flash asks noticing the young teen's obvious lack of presence.

" He's with the Hal. " Batman's monotonous voice comes through along with the occasional grunts in the background.

" Can you get into contact with him? " Superman asks flying next to wonder woman. " Not possible, there's something blocking communication with the Green Lanterns up in space. " Batman informs, making the group wonder what the Green Lantern corps are planning to do with all the chaos going on.

...

" That'll be the last time I transform inside of a toilet. " Gravattack says resolutely once he frees himself from the restroom. " Now, to help out with the battle. "

Passing by debris and unconscious bodies - that he made sure were alive before continuing on - Gravattack reaches the battlefield at it's 'climax' so to say.

Why call the current situation he is witnessing the climax? Simple, it's because the Red Lanterns have the numbers advantage over the Green Lanterns, making them focus more on their defense than offense because of the sheer force of their attack.

With the Red Lanterns hovering above the ground with their rings pointed and ready to fire at the Green Lanterns who are unable to do much of anything, the Galilean doesn't delay and gets into action.

Raising his arms into the air, he activates his powers and takes aim.

" Do you surrender yet? " The same voice that announced the attack, asks the heroes with their backs against the wall. One could practically see the smirk on his face just based of the tone of his voice.

Hal and John were on the front lines, facing the group of villains while the rest of their comrades were either severely injured or too exhausted to help.

" Hey Uglies! " A voice shouts out, making half of the Red Lanterns turn their heads to the direction the voice came from.

Unfortunately for them, they were unable to do anything because of the projectiles crashing into them so fast to the point they didn't even see the attack coming.

And just like that, half of the Red Lanterns were down for the count. " I don't know what's funnier. The face they made when they were hit, or the fact that they reacted when I called them ugly. "

" What in the- " Behind the supervillain group, was a large, bulky, reddish brown alien with it's body made of rocks, and what stuck out for John was the tad bit familiar symbol that was on the alien hero's forehead.

Due to John not being around much after the Thanagarian invasion, he didn't really get to meet Ben personally or know that he was also part of the Justice League and was excluded on getting in on the teen's little secret.

So the first thing he did when he saw Gravattack, was question what in the name of Superman was going on.

Hal Jordan wasn't much different, in fact, he was even more confused than John. He was beginning to feel that maybe he should head back to Earth and see what he's been missing. A year of being away from his home planet, and this is what he sees.

A alien that resembles a boulder, with superpowers.