A New Buddy - part 2

Shazam figures that since it's been three days after the fight with Black Adam and nothing seems like it'll be attacked and or explode, now is as good a time as any to drop by and give Ben a visit.

Well, that and he figures that Ben's probably going to be looking around for his Tenn-speed 2.0 considering the fact he left it back at Fawcett city and hasn't picked it up.

" Hey guys- What is going on? " He cuts himself off as he looks between the blond teenager being stared down by Damian and Johnathan with something akin to suspicion in their eyes, to Ben wrecking whose facial expression says that he's brain for something.

And by the looks of the empty shop, Ben had to close up early because of the teen.

" Oh hey Shazam! Just the guy I need, " He ushers the hero in to take a seat, giving him a smoothie, " do you happen to know a guy by the name of Robby Reed? " Ben asks.

The champion freezes mid slurp at the question, " Robby Reed? Yeah, I've heard of him. " He confirms, looking to Damian and Johnathan by his side for an answer.

While the three younger teens are having a conversation through the power of eye contact, Ben and Robby are in discussion.

" So, why do you need my help? "

" I know you're a part of the Justice League, and that you're a hero. "

If Ben is surprised or not, he doesn't show it, " Okay, and? If you need help so bad, you can just go to any one of the other heroes like Bats, Superman, or Wonder Woman, not that I mind you coming to me for help or anything, but I just really want a vacation. "

The statement earns a raise of eyebrows from the three watching in their seats. Ben chooses to ignore the looks.

" It's really important, the fate of the world is at stake. "

' When is it not. ' He mentally quips, cleaning up the table and throwing the trash away.

" Do you want to talk about this somewhere more private? " Ben offers, talking about the fate of the world in a smoothie and chilli fries shop isn't exactly ideal.

" How about your apartment? " Shazam asks, earning a head shake from Johnathan and Damian, " Father says that anything serious involving Tennyson is to be taken to the Watchtower. He doesn't want a repeat of Fawcett City. "

" I'm beginning to think that he doesn't have much faith in me with being a hero by myself. "

" Have you seen your record? You're not exactly what we call safe from dangerous situations. " Shazam adds, making Ben give in and nod in agreement.

It's not like he can help it, trouble just loves him.

" Alright then, let's take this to the Watchtower. " He agrees, earning a "hooray!" from Shazam and a "yes!" from Johnathan.

Robby's standing on the side, amused by the strange conversation between the four teens.

" You have got to be kidding me. " it's the first thing Black Canary says the second she sees Ben walking out the Zeta tube along with Shazam, Robin, Johnathan, and a new addition.

" I'll go get Bats and Superman. " Flash says and zips off to tell the dark knight and Kryptonian of the new addition to the small group of heroes.

" So while we wait for them to come down, anyone up for a cookie? " Ben offers as he walks to the cafeteria, Shazam, Superboy, and Robin in tow. The former two shouting in agreement and the sword carrying teen agreeing with a huff.

" Didn't you guys just eat though? " Robby asks but still follows them nonetheless, " Yes, but Agent A made a new batch and gave Bats the cookies and he left them hidden in the cafeteria. "