Evil Never Rests

Both heroes and villains are at a stand still, observing Gravattack's every move since he was orbiting a whole base load worth of villains with the help of his powers. The amount of awkwardness in the air was extremely suffocating.

Thankfully, the awkwardness broke when Gravattack spoke up once again.

" No one was severely hurt by the explosion right? " He asks looking around. Seeing how there's no response to his question, he's going to take it as a no.

' Okay then, now to just settle this fight between the two groups and get some smoothies....or a nap. ' Clearing his throat, he looks around the battle area to see if there's some place he can put the villains down.

His eyes catch sight of an abandoned construction site, with no civilians or villains nearby, Gravattack figures that it's the next best thing he can find on such short notice.

Ignoring the tense situation around him, he brings the floating Red Lanterns towards the construction site and places them down on the ground.

With Gravattack keeping watch on the villains at the construction site, the rest of the Red Lanterns and heroes are stuck on what to do next.

Do they fight? Or do they surrender without a fight?

" CHARGE!!! " One of them shouts out, determined to free their comrades from the strange rock alien with gravitational powers.

Seeing them hell bent on fighting, the heroes have no other choice but to fight back and stop them.

While the two groups fighting, Gravattack remains where he is and makes sure no villains try to escape or attempt to launch a sneak attack on him. What makes his role harder though, is the occasional body flying at his face every now and then. It's as if they were getting thrown towards him on purpose.

...

" And that's the last of them! "  Flash says with satisfaction, watching the Red Lanterns load onto the vehicle which heads toward the prison.

" I'll just get going then. " Gravattack mumbles to himself as he tip toes his way away from the Justice League members.

Sadly for the Galilean, Hal saw him and called out to him " Wait! " Stopping his legs, Gravattack let's out a small sigh and slowly turns around to face the hero.

Walking to the alien hero, Hal speaks again " I just wanted to say thanks for your help back there. " Placing his hands in front of him waiting for a handshake, Gravattack takes the hand and shakes it awkwardly.

" Hahaha, its no big deal! Well I've gotta go now, I've got a lot of other things to do, bye! " Speaking quickly, he turns back and speed walks out of there in two seconds flat, leaving a confused Hal Jordan behind.

...

In a random alleyway, a bright green flash appears and disappears, revealing Ben.

Peaking his head out from the alley to make sure no one saw anything and that the coast is clear, Ben fully steps out of the alleyway and heads back to his apartment for the day.

Walking pass the debris and destruction on the way back, Ben helps out citizens in need of someone to help them for one reason or another because of the fight.

Stepping inside his apartment, and closing the door shut, Ben walks towards his bed and flops onto it sleepily, the night of playing Sumo Slammeds non-stop without a break and then fighting the Red Lanterns really took a toll on him. " I'll just take a short nap. " He mumbles to himself as his eyes slowly close.

Knock knock knock

" Oh come on! " He shouts out in frustration looking at the door. " It hasn't even been a minute! "

Stomping towards the door, he opens it and is greeted with the sight of Shazam looking slightly panicked.

Not wanting to attract any attention, Ben ushers Shazam into his apartment without a word and closes the door shut.

" What happened? " Ben asks, seeing Shazam act in such a panicking way does not sit well with him at all.

" I ran into some trouble in Fawcett city shortly after the fight with the Red Lanterns. " The champion says quickly and softly, looking out the window to make sure no one unwanted was eavesdropping.

" What kind of trouble exactly? " Ben asks as he hands the hero a smoothie he made in the kitchen. " You know how my powers work right? " Shazam asks looking at Ben, sipping on his smoothie.

" Yeah, the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury. I am surprised I remember all that, but why the sudden question? " He asks, taking a sip from his own smoothie.

" You know how I have enemies in Fawcett city, and one of them looks like me but wears all black? " Shazam says sipping on his smoothie again.

" Black adds? " Ben says unsure, " Black Adam. " Shazam corrects, " He got his hands on the rock of eternity and the one who gave me my powers, the wizard who's  guarding it, is missing. I can't get in touch or locate him. "

Ben chokes on his smoothie and ends up coughing very violently. " Give me a moment. " He says in between his coughs, processing what was just said.

Once the coughs die down, Ben regains his composure and asks " But isn't the rock of eternity in some place only you have access to or something like that? "

" That is true, but that's not the point. The pont is, with the rock of eternity in Black Adams hands, times running out for us before he causes mayhem and destruction all over Earth with the help of the rock of Eternity. " Gloomily sipping on his smoothie Shazam looks at Ben, hoping the teenage hero can come up with something that can help ease the situation.

" Have you told the rest? " Ben asks Shazam who in turn shakes his head, " The Red Lanterns caused too much trouble by releasing quite a few villains from prison while they were blowing things up along the way, so I can't bother them with this. "

" Then we should get going while we still can. " Heading out the door with Shazam, Ben climbs onto the Tenn-speed 2.0 and heads to the direction of Fawcett city.

On their way out of Metropolis, a certain hero catches sight of them " I wonder where their going? " Looking at the hero helping out on the ground, the younger hero decides it's best to not say anything and just follow the two out of Metropolis.