Things Get Messier

A/N: I got lazy writing halfway through

Don't hate me :>

From where he stands, Superboy notices from his peripheral, the dangerous bursts of magic heading for them " Look out! " With not much time and not many choices to work with, he pushes Ben out of the way and takes the hit from the blast aimed at Ben instead.

" Gah! " Superboy and Shazam cry out, hit by the blasts which renders them immobile and suspended in the air.

" Run Ben! " They shout out, noticing the danger looming at the entrance, which makes Ben hesitate on his next move.

Taking cover behind the Wizard's seat from the incoming blasts aimed only at him, he looks back to the two suspended in the air near the rock of eternity, struggling to break free of the magic.

" I can't just leave you guys! This dudes crazy! " He looks to where the blasts are coming from, and 'of course' Black Adam's floating on air next to the seven deadly sins, getting closer and closer as time goes on with a menacing grin on his face.

The attacks from the villain increase two fold when he sees Ben has not been hit.

Having no time left, Shazam says what he can, looking Ben in the eyes to convey the urgency of their situation as best as he's able to " Leave before he gets you and there will be no stopping him! "

" Go! " Superboy grits out as a last attempt, making Ben give in and head back to Fawcett city and take cover while he still can.

Getting onto his hoverboard, Ben rides his way to the door they passed through, leaving Superboy and Shazam to Black Adam unwillingly.

All he heard before leaving through the door was Black Adam's voice, cold and sinister " What a pity, I didn't manage catch all three of you. But I suppose two is better than none. " 

Tumbling out of the abandoned subway on his hoverboard, Ben doesn't stop even though he's out of the villains range, he can't risk it. " Can't get help cause the rest of the heroes are busy, I've gotta find a place to turn into one of my aliens, fast. "

Increasing his speed, he heads for one of the alleys nearby while the sun begins to set for the day.

Hopping off his hoverboard once he's sure that that weirdo of a villain doesn't know where he is, though chances are that he does and really couldn't care less. Ben heaves a sigh of defeat.

' I could've just gone hero and stop him right then and there, now Shazam and Superboy are in his hands and all I did was run! ' Kicking a empty can in frustration, holding in a frustrated scream in him.

It's time like these, situations that make him feel weak and hopeless, wonder if there's something different he could've done to make the outcome better.

A way to make sure the innocent in need of help at helpless and hopeless times, are helped and saved.

Grandpa Max helped save the world from evil countless times when he was younger and is still going at it.

Maybe it's a Tennyson thing.

" Tennyson. " That all too familiar robotic, all-knowing tone calls out to him, bringing his mind back to reality.

" I've sent the Justice League the distress signal, and am now monitoring the two young heroes pulse through the badge they bring around on themselves, everywhere. " Maybe it's the situation he's found himself in, maybe it's his feelings being a mess at the moment, but damn does AI Azmuth look like a knight in shining armor right about now.

" Well? Aren't you going to do what you do best? "

It's like Azmuth got an upgrade and all his words have a special effect on Ben, because boy are those words making him feel better than ever despite the circumstances.

.

.

" Hey Bats, is that normal? " Red Robin asks, pointing at the flashing light on the Justice League comm badge.

" No. "

.

.

" What's with the flashing lights Flash? Gotta have a timer for your snack breaks? " Captain cold taunts as he blasts a ray of ice in the speedster's path.

" What? Flashing light? Oh no. " He breathes out as he dodges a blast of ice aimed for his face.

.

.

" Have you seen Johnathan? He was supposed to be home when the sun set, and it has set long ago. " Lois asks her husband, Superman over the phone while his on patrol over Metropolis.

" That's strange, he told me he had to do something before heading back home after we had lunch. " A small frown makes it's way onto his face, ths feeling of being lied to is not one he likes.
.

.

" Tt, what stupid thing did they get themselves into this time. "
.

.
A shiver goes down Superboy's spine " I've got a feeling that Robin ain't happy. "

" Y'know, I just realised, isn't Robin always angry? I've never seen him smile once, like, ever. " Shazam remarks, getting an itch he unfortunately can't get, being suspended in the air by magic and all is very inconvenient, especially if it's happened to you more than once.

" That's mean. He's not as bad as you think you know. " Half offended for his friend? Partner? Buddy? Best friend? He should really ask Damian what their relationship is.

" Shut up! I should've put you in cages if I knew you were going to talk my ears off! " He practically growls out, jumping out of his seat that belongs to the Wizard and stalks around like a rabid beast.

Close to figuring out how to use the rock of eternity for his evil bidding but falling short due to the constant talking the two prisoners make.

" Its not the first time you've caught me, you should know by now what I'm like. " Shazam smirks smugly.

" I should just fry you with my powers right here and now. Maybe then you'll learn not to mess with me. " Standing in front of the young hero, a menacing aura leaking out as he releases his black lightning magic from the tip of his fingers.
.

.

With the sudden and bad timing of the emergency signal, the heroes who didnt have their hands full, rushed straight to the nearest tube zeta tube to the watchtower. " Do we know who sent the signal? "

Ironically, Flash is the last hero to reach the larger meeting room, where the massive com is located.

" We're stil trying to find out where exactly the signal came from. " Superman states swiping cities already checked off the screen.

" Something's not right. " Wonder woman remarks, noticing the odd timing of the signal. " Batman, is Robin keeping Gotham in check while you're here? " She asks, receiving a 'no' in reply.

" Superman? Is Superboy keeping watch of Metropolis while you're gone? "

The Kryptonian shakes his head " No, and he was supposed to be back home by sunset, and Lois hasn't seen him anywhere. "

" Has anyone seen Shazam? " She asks louder this time, earning a chorus of head shakes and No's.

" Where's Ben. " Batman notes, noticing the lack of chili fries smell and slurping of smoothies in the background.

"...You don't suppose they're all at the source of the signal, do you? "

"  Fantastic, four teenagers each one capable of mass destruction, all gathered in one area. What could go wrong? "

In a matter of the signal being sent out for only an hour, the first to arrive to Ben's aid, was -  unsurprisingly really - Robin.

" Tt. Stealing the Batjet just to get to here better be worth it. "