A Promise Kept

A week has passed since Ben returned back to where he came from.

A week of deafening silence, the shop run by Ben now barren and empty as it's owner has left, the apartment unoccupied and lacking the smell of chilli fries and smoothies in the air.

No Ben.

But even if there is no Ben, life still goes on, whether one likes it, or not.

The three young heroes, whose been with Ben through all his stupidity, through thick and thin, are the ones most affected by his leave.

" Hey Batsy, what happened to your little bird over there, he's been down in the dumps and hasn't willingly punched me even once! " Joker, of all villains, asks whilst being whisked away by the police once more.

He nudges his head to Robin who's seated in the Batmobile glaring at the door handle for no reason.

" It's none of your business Joker. " Batman responds, throwing the villain a bat glare.

" Well, it is my business when fights with the two of you aren't that fun! Especially when one of you glares and does nothing the entire fight! " The detective fights the sudden urge to punch Joker in the face.

The villain leaves with a cackle in the air as the police car whisks him away to where he broke out of, Batman walks and gives a nod to officer Gordon as he enters the Batmobile.

Robin says and does nothing the entire ride home, arms crossed as he looks out the window at Gotham city.

They reach the Batcave and the Batmobile pulls to a stop, Robin jumps out of his seat and takes of his mask, " Damian, we need to talk. "

Damian clicks his tongue and climbs the stairs, " There's nothing to talk about father. " He answers, not looking back at Bruce while Titus silently joins him at the top of the stairs.

Bruce lets out a sigh once he's by himself in the Batcave, " Young Ben taking his leave really took a toll on young master Damian. " Alfred says, coming from somewhere hidden, he should really find out how Alfred keeps coming and going without being heard.

" I've been trying to find a way to contact Ben ever since he left but I just can't get his signal. " He sighs into his hand at the red 'failed' shown on display for the umpteenth time.

" Perhaps it'd be best for you to take a break as well, master Bruce. Dinner will be ready in an hour. " And like that, Alfred leaves the cave the way he came, leaving Bruce to his thoughts.

---

Up in the mansion, things are going swell.

Timothy, Jason, and Dick have been trying to cheer Damian up ever since they found out about Ben leaving, and have been doing a terrible job at it.

Pushed away by Damian with the words of, " Can it Todd. ", " You are being insufferable, Drake. " and the newest and most threatening one, "  I will slice you in half with my sword if you speak to me one more time, Grayson. "

Anyways, the three oldest sons are huddled together outside the living room door peeking into the living room to watch Damian lying in a protective circle of Batcow, Titus, Goliath, and Alfred the cat.

His pets.

It's a wonder when they've gotten this many pets, even for Dick it's a mystery.

But none of the pets have allowed the three boys to even get close to a meter to Damian.

DING DONG

The doorbell rings and Alfred opens it, revealing Johnathan looking the exact same as Damian; Silent and glaring at nothing in particular for no reason whatsoever.