the Beggining of Chaos

He skids to a stop right in front of the monitor, eyes immediately narrowing in on the blinking red dot right in the centre of Metropolis.

' This is different from the other times. ' He realises, ' All the other portals have always appeared in secluded or discreet locations, ' " Something's not right. "

" What's not right. " Batman asks, making Ben snap out of it and turn around to look at the Dark Knight standing a few steps behind him.

' Busted. ' He says mentally, a blank stare from the man is all he gets when he doesn't answer.

Seeing as how they're most likely going to be in an awkward stare down, Batman makes the first move, walking up to the monitor, " These strange occurrences that have been happening the past few months are related to you, aren't they? "

' I really can't hide anything from him. ' Sighing in defeat, Ben turns to Batman, " You're right. Mostly. "

A questioning look is thrown at him, telling him to go on, " Just so we're clear, I'm not the main cause of all these fights happening. I just want to know what's causing these things to happen. "

Batman wants to ask more questions but can't, the constant beeping from the computer has become more frantic, the blinking red dot on the monitor increasing in size by the minute.

The two turn their attention to the screen, Batman's having questions and guessed on what the blinking red dot could mean while Ben's not liking things by the minute.

" I have to go. " He turns around and runs to the zeta tubes, Batman following behind as the constant beeping noise turns into a blaring alarm resounding through the watchtower.

" What's going on? " Wonder Woman asks, rushing into the situation with Superman and the rest in tow.

" A strange energy has been detected down in Metropolis, and Ben's gone down to handle it. " They reach the zeta tubes, Ben nowhere in sight.

" I'm coming with you. " Robin says, leaving no room for rejection as he gets into the zeta tube first.

" Me too! " Superboy follows right after, Superman too slow to catch him.

" See you there! " Waving to the slower heroes, Shazam enters the zeta tube with a shit eating on his face.

" He's been spending too much time with Ben. " Black Canary states, earning nods of agreement from the rest.

" I really wish I could go with you guys, but I've got to head back to Littleville and keep the people calm. With things being such a mess right now, they could really use the help. " Robby says, checking the state of his hometown through his phone.

He splits up with the rest as he enters the zeta tube, " It was nice fighting along with you guys. See ya! " With that, he's left the Watchtower and is back in Littleville.

The rest of the heroes enter the Zeta tube after that, heading to Metropolis.

The moment they leave the zeta tube, it's a pure mess.

Right in the centre of Metropolis, is a giant purple swirling vortex the size of a building continuously spitting out drones of some sort that are just...hovering. Doing nothing.

Most of the citizens scared for their lives are running around like a bunch of headless chickens, the ones who are not afraid are taking videos and/or pictures of the scene, apparently they have lost any sense of self preservation somewhere along their lives.

" Ben! " Superman calls out, the first one to find the teen standing in front of the vortex, his stance making him seem as it he's ready for a fight.