A New Buddy - part 3

" Okay, now that we've got the gist of the situation, could I know why Ben exactly? " Flash asks, waving his arms to bring attention to the teen seated on a couch placed to the side of the room with Robin, Superboy, and Shazam.

" And what are you four doing? " Green Arrow asks, noticing the teens acting sneakily with their backs turned to them.

" Eating? " Ben answers, finally facing the heroes with a tray of chilli fries in hand.

He earns judging looks, " What? I haven't eaten Lunch yet. " Flash looks back to Robby, " Really though, why? "

A reluctant sigh escapes Robby before he answers, " The source of my powers, it's similar too his. "

This earns Ben's complete attention, " What are your powers? "

" I'm able to change into a number of superheroes with the help of a H-dial. "

" What's a H-dial? " Ben asks.

" It's what old telephones use back in the day to key in the phone number of someone they want to call someone. " Robby clarifies.

" Cool. " Ben says, stuffing his face with a fistful of chilli fries.

" Is no one other than me uncomfortable with this information? " Green Arrrow asks when no one questions Robby's powers.

" So what's the plan? " Ben asks, completely ignoring Green Arrows question as does everyone else.

Robby slightly smirks, " It's simple really. "

" Everyone got the plan? " Robby asks, his face is tense as he looks around for confirmation. Ben in particular.

" Sure did, I have the main task of distracting your archnemesis Arthur Light while you get back your H-watchmacallit. "

....He forgot the name of it.

" And if we take out all the minor roles given to us, that's basically the entire plan. " Shazam points out, slurping on his smoothie.

Robby smiles sheepishly, " Sorry about that, but I did say that I only needed Ben's help. He is the only one equipped to take on Arthur. "

Shazam shrugs his shoulder at that, " Fair enough. "

Nightwing leans in close to Robin,  " What's Ben's powers? " He whispers, Red robin also leans in, curious as well.

" Tt. It's none of your business Grayson. " Robin retorts, fighting the urge to stab something with his sword. Nightwing and Red robin in particular.

" He doesn't know. " Red Robin concludes, earning a glare from Robin as he sips on his fifth cup of coffee for the day.

" Ah. " After the realisation comes silence, a silence Robin would usually find comfortable if not for the fact that Red Robin's poking him on his side with his bostaff like a child.

" Poke me with that one more time and you can say goodbye to the coffee maker. " The threat effectively makes the poking stop.

" Wow, I didn't know Littleville was so....deserted. " Superboy says, scanning the dead town with his eyes.

The Justice League members have split up into groups, each hero having their own task to accomplish.

Robby, Superboy, Ben, Robin, and Shazam are in the same group. Which in retrospect, isn't such a great idea.

" Arthur Light made it like this right after he stole the H-dial. " Robby states before going silent, Ben notes the fists slightly clenched by the older teens side.