Always Trust Ben

Somewhere in Fawcett city a casually dressed boy hiding out in shadows cast by the tall buildings of Fawcett city, glares sharply at the hologram call that's just been connected, " Tennyson, I'm at the rendesvous point, where are you? "

" Give me a minute, I had to get some things before I could meet up with you. " Ben says, his voice sounding strain and judging by the sound of shuffling feet, is carrying something quite heavy.

Damian, ever so sharp, raises a brow sharply at the hologram, " What did you even get, that's so heavy? "

" You'll see. " Ben answers, a hint of pride in his voice right as he ends the call, not giving the young Wayne any chance to interrogate any further, effectively earning a click of Damian's tongue in obvious annoyance.

" Tt. "

True enough, a mere few seconds later and Damian can hear the footsteps belonging to the older teen coming from his right, " I'm here. " Ben announces as he heaves a sigh of relief, dropping down a heavy and bulky bag from his shoulders straight onto the ground.

Not one to like receiving surprises, Damian swiftly approaches the mystery bag and opens the flap, wanting to know what was so important to cause Ben to be delayed during such pressing times.

"....What are these? " He asks, unsure of what his eyes are looking at. With a pride puff of his chest, and a smug smile on his face, Ben answers " These, are what I call Backup. "

" I'm using this. " With absolute certainty, Damian reaches into the bag and pulls out high tech version of a sword handle. His eyes gleaming with something akin to excitement as he presses a small button on the handle and a blue translucent blade shows itself.

" I'm not going to even ask how you knew it was a sword. " Ben decides, the look in Damian's eyes is something he just knows mean trouble.

" Tt, we need to get moving, there isn't much time before father finds out I've taken the liberty of using the Batjet to get here. " Ben gives Damian a blank look, " You stole Bats' Batjet to get here? "

The pointed look he gets from the young Wayne as if he's questioning his hearing is all Ben needs as confirmation. But now isn't the time for that, Shazam and Superboy are waiting for them.

He shakes his head to bring his focus back, " Nevermind, we don't have much time before Black Apple does something that's close to destroying the world. "

" Tt, It's Balck Adam. "

" Close enough. "

He and the young Wayne leave for the station under the cover of shadows, the large bag surprisingly quiet as Ben lugs it along.

" Are you certain that this is an effective plan, Tennyson? " Damian, now in his hero costume, looks to Ben half trusting and half cautious.

" Definitely. And if things go wrong, you can count on me to fix it. " Pointing a thumb to himself with a grin to make his point, Ben notices the slight squint of the young boy's eyes even with his mask on.

" Just trust me on this. It will work. "

Receiving a slow but firm nod of trust from Robin, the two split up and head off to do their assigned tasks.

Robin, heading to the direction of Shazam and Superboy.

Ben, heading to the direction of Black Adam.

Both having different roles but with the same goal in mind; To stop the villain before it's too late.

" How is it even possible that you were able to defeat me before?! " Black Adam questions in fury as he frustratedly stomps off to the rock of eternity, leaving his back to face the two young heroes to themselves, floating a few meters away.