CHAPTER 8 : APOLOGIES

After having breakfast dua was just simply lying on the bed in her room. Playing with her hairs.

Undoubtedly she was wondering about the person who had help her last night. What would might have happened if she wasn't at home.

Probably ayesha would have succeeded in her plan. Then what might her baba would had done. Dua kept on wondering.

She even prayed shukrana in order to thank Allah. For saving her. After all Allah is almighty and all knowing.

Dua had always believed what ever will happen in her life, no matter how bad situation she's put into Allah will always help her. This time she believed that Allah himself sent an angel in form of the strangers to help her.

She was still wondering when she heard a knock on her door she got up and positioned herself sitting on the bed. Pulling the dupatta back she tied her hijabi.

"Whose it" she asked first.
"It's me arham" arham said from other side of the door.

Dua took a deep breath and yelled him to come inside. Dua was angry at arham but she was hurt more by his actions.

Every time she thought she'd fix it between them or just ask him to get lost from her life. But she couldn't. She had hard time playing the negative roles with arham. She knew him since a young age. He was her friend. Who was rooting to be betray her for someone else sake And dua knew that.

Arham was friend with dua and ayesha since there kindergarten. But he was more a friend to dua. He use to stay by her when ayesha and her friends use to bully dua. It was all good until arham developed a crush on ayesha back in the high school. Why wouldn't he. Ayesha was beautiful and arham was like stuck on her.

Things weren't same after that between dua and arham. Though dua might have a bit liking for arham but she knew it won't matter because he is already head over heels for ayesha. And can't look beyond her.

Dua didn't wanted to hurt herself more. She knew she'll lose arham one way or the other. Hence masked away all that things he did against her. Dua just cared for him to put in a simple way.

Even though all arham cared was about ayesha. Blindly doing what ever she asks him to. And that bothered dua.

For ayesha arham was just a tool that she was using to hurt her so called step sister. She hated for life.

Arham came in and sat on the white couch present in dua's room, starring the floor.

No one said anything. Just silently sat not uttering a single word. But arham was there for a reason so finally broke the ice. He had to apologize.

"Listen dua I'm sorry. Sorry for leaving you alone yesterday. I didn't wanted to but then I met Ismael and razaak and we kept on talking and I completely forgot about you. That I left you alone on the terrace but trust me later I went to check you but you weren't there on the terrace and" he paused for a bit and continued "and I came to apologize but when I came, after seeing how mad mr.shah was I am truly guilty. I am sorry." He said and finally looked at dua's face to get any hint of her emotions.

Dua kept a straight face this was not the first time.
"That's okay arham you're not the first one to leave me alone" she said with no emotions at all.

Dua wasn't sad that arham left her last night she was sad because he cheated her. He asked her to drink a spiked drink. She didn't even wanted to imagine what might he had done to her along with ayesha. But she was more sad that he didn't apologize for inserting a knife in her back.

Dua pretended that she did not know anything about he and his spiked drink.

"Listen dua. I am sorry. I am honestly saying that I met Ismael and raazak and I totally forgot...." dua paused him.

"I don't care whether you were with Ismael raazak or with ayesha. I totally don't care. I know there are important things to you, more important than me like ayesha. But then you shouldn't have lied to me. You asked me to stay there and promised you'll be back but you weren't. You know what... do your important work I just don't care." She completed.

"I wasn't with your sister. She was with some else." Arham said sadly.

Dua caught the sadness toned in his voice her anger was now long gone. She was concerned about arham. 'Ayesha always does that to him. She wouldn't ever see his feelings for her' dua thought.

"You're okay arham." Dua asked getting up from her place and sitting beside arham maintaining a good distance between them on the couch.

Arham shook his head a bit in negative and said
"Listen dua I am honestly sorry. Would you please forgive me. Please." Arham said.

After accepting his apologies dua and arham chatted for bit and then he left.

The rest whole day dua kept herself busy with the paper work she had.
Dua worked as teacher in a college. She was a biology teacher in the science faculty of the college. The college paid her a quiet good for her job.

Slowly the memories of last night came back to dua. She remembered everything. From drinking the spiked drink till throwing the glass in pool. And even fainting afterwards.

"Ya Allah. What did I do. I was totally stupid. I shouldn't have drank it at first place. What would that person think of me. Probably a drunk. But what I told him thinking he was arham. No. Way. I hope I never met this person again. Ever." Dua said alone in her room. She was ashamed of her actions.

But what was that fate had in it.

While on other hand ayesha was planning her future with armaan.

A/N: hey reader's. What's up. Hope you are staying at your home. Stay home, stay safe. Well another chapter here.
Do hit the star at the corner. Your support would be a great help. Please do show your love and support for armman, dua and rest characters. See you guy's in next chapter till then keep reading.
Byy😁😁.

~4APRIL2020