CHAPTER 18 : WHAT EVER MAKES YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT

"Do you agree upon this." mrs.rizvi repeated herself. She was too nervous to hear the answer. She wanted dua to be her son's wife. She thought she would be perfect for armaan. She always thought. Even though dua was rarely seen by her. She knew about her quiet to well. She knew many things about dua and her mother.

Dua for the first time raised her eyes. She was too doubting her final discussion it could make or mar lives. She looked up only to meet her baba's one they were demanding to say yes and daring to say no. There was no way life would be easy on dua. She wondered what her baba would actually do if she denied. He would threw her away from the house within no time. But she don't want her baba to turn down.

But the question was what was it that she wanted...

Beside her armaan was tossing his brains out. He didn't had any hint what her answer would be. He was feeling like a fish out of the water. He was nervous. Never ever any girls opinion mattered this much as much as dua's yes mattered.

Dua was dying with inside her body. An wave of adrenaline rushed with in her. She took a long breath as she prepared herself for her answer. Dua nodded with a fake smile. It was a hard decision for her. But she had no way... Deep down she might have taken the hint. She might.

A wave of immense happiness flew with in mr.and mrs.rizvi. armaan had his cocky smile on his face more like a smirk. His gut feelings were right. Dua was different. And it made him desperate to know about her.

Mr.shah was happy with dua's answer. Though he doubted her but it turned out all in his favor.

Ayesha wasn't happy with the decision at all but still she had to put up this fake act. But she was holding a deep grudge that no one knows about it.

Bua came up with sweets. Mrs.rizvi took a sweet and made dua eat it. As well as she made armaan eat the sweet. She hugged dua. And said how happy she was with her answer.

Mr.rizvi and mr.shah got up and hugged each other Congratulating themselves. The moment was picture perfect. Everyone was happy at least that's what you assume on the first look at them.

Soon they all began the chatting . mrs.rizvi asked dua about her job and studies. She also said if she wants to continue she can even after getting married. To which armaan agreed to. Armaan was stealing glances at her and it made dua hyper self conscious. She would easily guess when his eyes glanced at her and when not.

"Uncle, aunt and armaan the lunch is ready. I have made it all by myself. Please come." Said ayesha lovingly. Everyone nodded and got up to have lunch. It is when armaan spoke out of no where

"I want to talk to dua in private." He paused taking everyone's expressions specially mr. Shah's. When he didn't mind ayesha and him then he shouldn't mind him and dua too.

"you guys go ahead we'll join you later." Armaan said and looked at mr.shah. He nodded to armaan.
Soon all went ahead leaving dua and armaan behind to talk.

As soon as the coast was cleared. Dua turned herself and looked at armaan for first time. It took a moment for her to take his face in, specially his nose which was looking a bit odd. She folded her hands in front of her.

"I don't want to talk anything or listen to anything of your mr. I am leaving." She stated and turned around but paused when armaan took a hold of her free arm. Armaan's touch gave her goosebumps. And armaan felt it off to do so.

He left it quickly when she turned back to him. Armaan ranked his hand in his hair making it look messy. He wanted to say something but he didn't knew how to.

"So where is that girl who said never in this life I am gonna marry a person like you." Armaan said putting her hands in his pockets.
"Just consider yourself lucky. Mr. Armaan rizvi." Said dua.

Hearing his name from dua was sounding somewhat different to him.

"Lucky me. You should be considering yourself lucky that I agreed. And why don't you say simply that you can't deny this thing." Armaan said pointing at himself.

A laugh left dua and she shook her head at him. Armaan liked her laugh and a smile appeared on his face too seeing dua laugh.

"What ever makes you sleep at night." She said.
Armaan took a deep breath and said. Coming to the point that he wanted to.

"Listen to me carefully dua." He took a step closer to her.
"I am saying this directly and making it clear. I hate those people who cheat upon me. I believe you won't make a mistake like this." He paused and then continued. "I want you to stay away from arham. He should not be anywhere near you. Nor any other person should." He said and paused.

Dua did not see this coming. She thought he would bring up the topic of her being weak or something else but she was shocked to hear him say this.
Armaan was watching dua's face changing in shock. He thought she thinks he is taking doubt on her. But deep down he believed in her sanity to well.

"Listen don't take me wrong I know you won't do it and I completely trust you but just stay away from him. I don't really like him" he said.
"Okay" he said directly looking in her deep down brown eyes. Dua nodded.

You know that time when you think the clocks have been ticking slowly and the time is moving taking his time. And when nothing seems more interesting then the thing you have in your front and nothing about the world bothered you anymore. And all you wanna do is stay there and savor that moment. And suddenly your heart beat either slows down taking you to a death or it goes like a rocket shooting very high.
That was the moment dua and armaan were having unknowingly. No one daring to break the contact. Like there whole life depends upon it.

But ayesha who was standing at the corner and watching then stare each other this long had it indigestible.
She made her way towards them her heels clicking the tiles and making a tik tok sound. She cleared here throat which was left unheard. She called armaan twice and it caught there's attention.

Dua's cheeks were hot and red but she hid it quickly and calmed herself.
"The food is served eat it before it turns cold." She said. Armaan nodded to her and both of them followed ayesha to the dining hall.

A/N: hey reader's. Do vote on this chapter it gives me energy to write next chapters too. And I hope you're enjoying the story if you do please let me know. By commenting or just leave a message I'll be sure seeing it. See you guys in next chapter till then keep reading reader's.
Allah hafiz. 😁😁.

~16APRIL2020