27

"Everyone knows what the plan is yeah?" I ask as I stand at the door about leave.

They respond with a yes or a gesture to show they do.

I say my goodbye and walk towards the cafe where I was going to meet Ben. I'm excited because I haven't seen him in few months and I miss my old friends from my time in America. However, a small part of me isn't looking forward to it as I have a feeling that it was him. Only one way to see.

I walk in to the cafe. The bell rings as the door opens, I look around for the familiar face. 

"(Y/n)!" I hear someone call

I turn around to the direction and see the one and only Ben smiling widely as he gestured for me to come over. I make my way over and we greet each other in a tight hug.

"Hey Ben, how you been?" I ask as I sit down

"I've been alright, missed you though" he answers with a sad look in his eyes

"Well I'm here now, so let's talk" I smile.

We catch up on each other lives for about 20 minutes before the bell rings again. Loud chatter follows when they arrive. I don't turn just yet as I know it's the guys. I see Bens face drop as he looks over my shoulder towards them.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Do you want to go somewhere and talk because your uh- ex is over there." He asks yet it seems like he just wants to leave.

"Don't be silly. I live with him so seeing him around isn't unusual. I'm going to go get a drink. You want anything?" 

"I'll have another coffee if that's alright, I'll pay" Ben states getting money from his pocket. I push the money back towards him

"My treat" I smile

I then walk up to the line which the boys just so happing to be waiting in to.

"Hey (y/n)! Didn't know you were here" Jj says greeting me.

"Hey Jj. I'm meeting up with a friend. What you guys doing here?" I say avoiding any contact with Harry. It feels weird, I don't like it.

"Just getting a drink and then talking about ideas" Tobi replies as he grabs his drink 

"I have an idea. Why don't you guys sit over there with us and then I can help with brainstorming and you never know, Ben might have some ideas too" I say pointing towards our table.

"We'll meet you over there"

Obviously they know why I'm here, same for me with them. That conversation was just so Ben didn't suspect anything. And it seems like he didn't.

I get mine and Bens drink and bring them back to the table.

"Coffee for you young sir" I say I'm really posh voice as I place it in front of him.

"Why thank you young mam" he replies in the same voice. We laugh at the joke. When I was in America, being from England, they all thought I was posh so I put on a voice to show them what posh really was. It's now a little inside joke between me and my friends.

"Oh Ben, you know who these are but, that's Simon, Jj, Josh, Tobi, my brother Ethan, Vik and finally Harry" I introduce them but with Harry's name I say it disappointedly.

"Nice to meet you" they say to him and he replies with it back.

For about 10 minutes we share ideas and Ben gave some too. They guys then left to back to the house. I've been there for about 45 minutes by now so we start to finish the drinks. Ben then mentions Harry.

"I heard what Harry done to you. He didn't deserve you" he says going to touch my hand but I pull it away before he can.

"What do you mean" I ask

"I really like you, still. And when I found out Harry and you were dating it made me sad. I thought we had something (y/n)" 

"We did. The key word is did. I'm sorry Ben but when I made the decision to stay here for a long time I had no choice but move on from us. I thought I never was going to see you again." I begin, "yes what he done upset me. I'm still now over it. It hurts. A lot. But I'm moving on. And I don't want a relationship right now" 

"Not even with somebody who could treat you right?" He asks implying himself for that role.

"I said what I said" I reply

"One more thing. I'm not giving up on you. We will be together. Even if another boy get to you" he ends as he grabs his coat and leaves without another word.

I sit there in shock. It was him. He caused the pain. Yet he thinks he will be the best thing for me.

I then leave almost as quickly as he did.

Once I'm back at the house I rush into the living  room where they all sit either talking or on their phones.

"It was him" I say out of breath from running home

"How do you know?" Harry asks as soon as the words came out of my mouth

"He said that, no matter what he will get with me. Even if somebody else is with me" I reply looking at Harry's face as it drops

"What's the next step?" Simon asks 

"I'm going to that mans place and giving him a-" Ethan starts getting up out of the chair

"No you're not" I say trying to stop him from doing something he will regret.

"I was going to say, give him a firm talking to, thats all" Ethan try's to save himself

"Sure you were bud" Jj says tapping him in the arm telling him sit down.

"I'm going to have to say something to him. But you weren't meant to tell me" I say trying to think of something 

"What if he didn't tell you" Vik starts

I look at him confused 

"You could have taken his phone and looked through it, and you 'accidentally found the messages'" Vik explains 

I think about it for a second.

"Vik you are a genius!" I exclaim pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you" I say to him once I let go

He smiles

"I'll give it a day or so and then I'll message him. I'll take a picture of the messages. There just one thing" I say

"What is it?" Josh asks

"The account was anonymous" Harry answers slumping back in the seat.

Damn. I guess before I say something we have to think of something so I can go straight to saying it was him.

"Back track the photo. The one of the girl. Once we find out who she is we can ask her who she got the message from" Vik states making a bit more hope for finding Ben as the person to blame.

"How do you do it Vik" I laugh

"Let's get to it" I say getting Vik to start the process of finding the girl.