V

Image: Mary, played by @aymorr on ig

When I woke up the next day at Daxx's, I was in a much perkier mood. I had a little pep in my step all morning, giving Connor a quick hug before leaving the house. I grooved in the car, jumping straight out and walking inside after I pulled up. I saw Angel chilling with a few girls and Mary and walked on up to her.

"Hey, what's up?" Angel grinned, giving me a hug as I walked over, "You seem perky this morning. Anything to do with wherever you were last night? Mum said you were at Daxx's."

"I was with a friend." I shrugged with a cheeky smile, "Your hair looks good, Mary."

"Oh! Thank you." She beamed at me, "You seem really happy today... Why's the principle storming this way?"

I paled. I forgot about that. Well then.

"Gotta run!" I waved goodbye, dashing down the corridor.

I couldn't let Angel and Mary know what I did. Not after I went through all of the trouble of covering up my bruised hand with makeup. I got to the end of the corridor and spotted the goons stood around their lockers. I swivelled to go back the way I came, coming straight into contact with the principle. Busted, I guess.

"My office. Now." The principle shook his head.

I slumped into one of the leather chairs in his office, his desk facing me. He sat down and I glanced at the chair next to me.

"Why isn't he here too?" I asked, confused by the empty chair.

"He was attacked by you, why would he be punished?"

I barked a laugh. Ironic.

"He attacked me first. Admittedly, I went too far, but he kicked me first!" I protested.

"That's not what I've been told. All witness accounts say you attacked him, unprovoked, from behind." He shook his head, "You've got incredible grades. You're fantastic at sports. If you just tried a little harder to fit in, you could really be an asset to this school."

It took all my self control to not roll my eyes. I could feel anger bubbling up again. I can't believe I was being punished, lectured, for simply protecting myself. I broke under ten years worth of bullying and pressure but sure, I was unprovoked.

"With exams coming up, it's not wise to suspend you. Valuable class time can't be missed this late in your final year. However, this can't go unpunished. So, you must report to detention every day after school for an hour over the next two weeks. Also, Coach doesn't think it's the best decision for you to return to the football team." He finished up my list of punishments, making my hands ball up in anger, "We'll have to contact your parents. Considering your brother is employed as a therapist, I would have thought your anger problems would be dealt with."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my bag and storming out of there. That was entirely unfair, but at least I wasn't suspended- my mum and Daxx would have killed me if I was. I had a new anger bubbling inside of me, one that made me march down the corridors fear-free. I'm sick of it.

I slipped into my class, taking my usual seat and ignoring the looks. I could feel my face burning red from anger. I felt a buzz in my pocket and my clenched fists relaxed, fishing it out and checking.

Felix: Good Morning :)

A smile played on my lips and I quickly sent off a quick 'good morning' in response before pulling out my textbook. Time to study to go off to Uni as soon as possible, as far away from everyone here as possible.

By the time the end of the day bell rang, I was exhausted. It felt like the end of the day was never going to come, so I was beyond relieved. I walked into the detention room, dropping into a random seat and taking out my phone.