XXXVI

Jimmy and I made our way out of the house, locking up behind us. He wrapped an arm around me, kissing the side of my head softly. Today was the day. We were on our way to say goodbye to the guys, since it was move out day. Most of them had put in the group chat that they were packed up and ready to go, since we were meeting for brunch before their families drove them home. Except for Oli, of course. 

I had spoken to Oli last night and I felt pretty bad for him, he would be staying in the dorms all by himself over summer. It must be really eerie living there when everyone else was gone. There was one other person who wasn't fully packed and that was Saint- the lovable idiot. According to Mia, he had left everything until this morning and was now paying the price. The whole gang had decided to lend him a hand- rather than going to brunch as planned- so we were on our way there now. 

"Is that Jimmy and Andy?" A voice came from my left, making my head whip over.

Angel and Mary were climbing out of a pristine, white car. Jimmy and I headed over, helping them unload their bags. I had completely forgot they were getting home from their girls end of exams trip today. I suppose I had a lot of explaining to do, but I'm sure Connor would do the honours for me. 

"How come you're here and not home?" Angel asked, giving me a side hug. 

"I'll be here pretty much all of this summer... long story." I kept it vague, "Besides, I could ask you the same thing." 

"We just got back from the airport- we're in dire need of a home cooked meal and Mum's working a late shift tonight." Angel explained, wheeling her suitcase towards the door, "Where are you off to?" 

"Going to say goodbye to the gang before they leave this afternoon." I shrugged, making them both gasp.

"It didn't even cross my mind that they would leave over summer. Tell them thanks for the fun times, for us?" Mary pouted, "If you want to hang out later, we were gonna chill with a movie."

"Oh, yeah! You should both totally join. You have to tell us how camping was! Also, tell Felix he better keep in contact with me, or else." Angel joked.

"Yeah, I might take you up on that movie. Thanks." I nodded, Jimmy unlocking his car.

We both climbed in, him taking my hand and squeezing it. We had spoken last night about Angel and Mary. He had brought it up, asking if we were still as close as we were when we were seven; I had explained that we used to barely talk, but things had been improving lately. 

"I think we should watch a movie with them tonight. It would do you some good to spend some time with them, before you move." Jimmy suggested, giving me an encouraging smile.

"Sure. Why not." I agreed, Jimmy setting off driving.

Although neither one of us mentioned it, both of our eyes were stuck to the house at the bottom of the hill as we drove past. The broken glass and plant pots had been cleaned up, but the paint was still there. You could tell somebody had spent hours furiously scrubbing at it to get it off, but it stuck to the bricks of the house like a second skin. It had faded, sure, but you could clearly still make out what it said.

I took Jimmy's hand, squeezing it gently to comfort him. He shook his head, looking away from the horrible house and focusing on the drive. His tight grip on my hand let me know he was more effected by it than he let on, but his face was void of emotion. He held onto my hand for the rest of the drive, even while he was changing gears. 

"Where do I park?" Jimmy asked once we arrived at the Uni, seeing the hoards of cars here to pick up their children. 

"I usually park around the corner a bit, it's quieter- there's a short cross across the campus green to their dorms." I pointed it out, giving him directions.