XVIII

I groaned, looking up at the ceiling. This sucked. The floor was so uncomfortable and my jacket did not make a very comfortable blanket. I had been trying to sleep for the last hour, but the wooden floor kept poking into my bare back and I was worried about getting a splinter.

"I offered to share the bed." A voice reminded me smugly, rubbing salt into the wound.

I scowled at the ceiling. He was tucked up comfortably in bed, but he still felt the need to gloat. The goons had been up to something during dinner. They had climbed through a window into our cabin and the state they had left my bed in was unmentionable. They had left shaving foam all over the blankets and pillow and the whole thing was soaking wet, including the mattress.

I wasn't sure how I would explain it to Coach in the morning, but I was hoping it would dry a little bit by then. Jimmy and I had agreed it would be best not to tell Coach right now, since me being a suck up just seemed to make them angrier. Jimmy had been quick to offer me his bed, but I declined, not expecting a night on the floor to be this bad.

"It's so cosy over here. I could sleep for a thousand years." Jimmy teased me.

"Remember I slept in one of those beds last night, it was not that comfortable." I scoffed at Jimmy's dramatic antics.

"Still better than the insect infested wood floor, I bet."

I stilled at that. I had seen a spider scooter across the floor yesterday. I shot up off the floor, walking over to Jimmy with his pillow he had given me. I couldn't see much, but I could imagine the smug, shit-eating grin on his face. I hit him over the head with my pillow, just in case.

"That's no way to thank such a caring, chivalrous man." He laughed, scooting over so I could get in.

I bit my lip. Was I really about to climb into bed with Jimmy Wellot? I didn't really have much of a choice, but it still seemed like a bad idea. As I was mulling it over, Jimmy's arm snuck out of the bed and grabbed my hand, pulling me down into the bed. I squeaked in surprise, making him laugh.

The bed was small- only a single. We both had very little personal space right now, which made me blush a little. I shuffled to get comfortable, practically hanging off the edge of the bed with how much distance I was trying to put between us. I could tell Jimmy was loving making me uncomfortable, subtly scooting closer and closer until I had absolutely no room.

"Roll over for gods sake." I groaned, trying to push his body fruitlessly.

"Gladly." The smirk in his voice was evident.

His arms snaked around my waist and with one pull, he had rolled over so that I was underneath him. I sucked in air as I gasped, looking up at his face. He was so close that I could see little flecks of gold in his eyes, despite the only light source in the room being the moonlight flooding in from the cracks in the curtains. He lowered his head to mine and I panicked, shoving him off the bed.

He had let his guard down, so he hit the floor with a loud thud. A string of curse words and a groan came out his mouth, the duvet being pulled off the bed as he fell. I looked down at him guiltily- did I really just push him like that? He rolled over and looked up at me with exasperation.

"Was that really necessary? You could just say stop." Jimmy shook his head, letting a little chuckle out of his mouth.

"Sorry." I mumbled, sticking out a hand to help him back up.

He took it, pulling me down onto the floor with him. I groaned as I crashed into him, both of us sprawled out on the floor now. I slapped his chest and scrambled off him, taking the duvet back to bed. He joined me, jumping back into his spot.