XXIX

By the time we returned to our little camping spot, the boys had pretty much finished putting up all the tents for us. The sun had began to set, so it was a relief they had managed to sort it out already. I shuddered at the thought of having to spend all night without shelter. Even though it was summer, it was quite nippy at night still.

Felix and I ended up cooking dinner, since I felt bad they had done all the work with the tents while we chilled. It was relatively easy and everyone complimented the food, happily munching away in front of the camp fire. Once food was finished, out came the alcohol. Oli and I refused, staying sat on the log while the others fetched the alcohol. I could feel his gaze on the side of my face and I blushed slightly, keeping my eyes trained on the campfire.

"Are you cold?" Oli asked softly, noticing the way my arms were wrapped around myself- knees pulled up into my chest.

"Kind of, but my hoodies in the tent and I'm too lazy to go get it." I joked sheepishly, still too nervous to make eye contact with him.

A clump of black fabric landed in my lap all of a sudden. Oli's hoodie. I looked at him, surprised. He simply sent me a smile, shaking his head at my expression with a smile playing on his lips in a mischievous way.

"Don't think too much into it, it's just a hoodie." He laughed, "I got your signal loud and clear, don't worry. That ship has sailed."

"Won't you get cold?" I asked, playing with the fabric.

"It's summer. I personally think it's boiling hot out, but I could see you shivering."

"Well, thanks." I smiled, pulling it on over my head.

It was really thick and smelt faintly of smoke- probably from the campfire. I settled back into my foldable camp chair and thanked him again, settling into a comfortable silence. We could hear the gangs voices approaching, returning from their trip to the car.

"Oliver! Andy! My dear friends! I believe it is time for a swim!" Saint's cheery and tipsy voice finally reached us.

"Let's skinny dip!" Felix whooped, pulling off his shirt eagerly.

Mike stopped him before he pulled down his boxers, thankfully.

"Is it really safe for them to be swimming when they've had a drink?" I frowned, watching Mia leap onto Saint's back.

"We're sober, so we'll just have to keep an eye on them, I guess." Oli shrugged, pulling his own top off.

My cheeks turned red and my eyes swerved to the left so quickly I think I strained something. I looked past him, trying to compose myself. Was I going to have to strip down too? I didn't want to have to explain all the scars and marks all over my body. I bit my lip and I felt my heart beat quicken, thudding hard against my ribcage.

My oncoming panic attack was interrupted when Felix flopped into my lap dramatically, making the flimsy camp chair rock backwards. We clattered to the floor, Felix on top of me giggling. I groaned, trying to push him off me.

"Just wear a shirt. It's dark out anyway, you'll be fine. I'll wear one with you." Felix whispered in my ear, before rolling off of me.

I sent him an appreciative smile and he pulled his shirt back on, feigning that it was too cold not to. By the time I pulled myself off the floor, Saint and Mia were already crashing into the water. Oli followed swiftly, gracefully diving in.

I had barely pulled off my shorts before Felix took my hand, pulling me into the water with him. We jumped in together, holding hands. I gasped the second water hit me, fully submerged. It was absolutely freezing. My whole body went into shock, my heart banging. I kicked my feet wildly, surfacing and gasping for air.