XXXV

I pulled myself out of bed, detangling myself from a sleepy Jimmy's arms, and slipped out of the room. I felt absolutely shattered and I wanted nothing more than to crawl back into the warm bed- nap for a few more hours on Jimmy's chest. However, this was one shift at work that I couldn't miss.

I took a quick shower, pulling on my work uniform, and jogged downstairs. Connor and Daxx were already up, sipping tea at the kitchen counter. They offered me some, but I was pretty keen to get going, so I refused. I climbed into my car, heading off on the route that I had taken pretty much every Sunday for the last two years.

I felt strangely emotional, on my way to my last shift. I was pretty happy I had decided to get a part time job all that time ago. I mean, if I had never worked there, then I would never have met Felix. That thought scared me, but I decided to take it as a positive thing that it had happened, instead of dwelling on the 'what if'. I pulled into the car park, spotting Felix unlocking the store front doors.

I headed over, giving him a massive hug. Usually the place was pretty quiet on a Sunday, so we didn't really have to worry about customers. That meant we got a lot of downtime to spend together today, which I was grateful for. Felix attempted to lift me off the floor, realising pretty quickly that it was an impossible feat when I was bigger than him.

"You must have grown." He grumbled, pushing open the store door and collecting his keys.

"Only emotionally, Felix." I mockingly sobbed, pretending to wipe a tear.

"Oh, don't. This is actually a really sad day." Felix pouted, flipping on the lights and going about his duties while we spoke.

"The feeling's mutual. Why can't you just stay with me? I'm sure Daxx would let me adopt you." I joked, patting his head.

"My mum misses me, so I have to go back I'm afraid. Speaking of adopting, how's Jimmy?"

"He's better. It's only been a few days since all of that went down, but he's been handling it pretty well so far. Better than I would in that situation, anyway. We've just spent a lot of time talking, getting to know each other-"

"Making out?" Felix interrupted with a cheeky smile.

"That too." I blushed.

"So much for 'just friends', that lasted a month max." Felix laughed, "I'm pretty sure if you didn't have exams over that month, you would have gotten together before then. What happened?"

"Honestly, I just can't keep my hands off of him." I groaned, "I don't think it's a bad thing anymore, though. He's out of the closet and trying really hard to move on. We just have a lot in common- I love talking to him and he's really hot, which doesn't hurt."

"Mia will be over the moon." Felix chuckled, "I'm really happy for you, though. You guys seem really good together. I was rooting for him from the beginning."

"Good to know." I shook my head, a small smile playing on my lips, "We're not officially together yet, but we're acting like a couple. With everything going on, neither of us are in a rush to put a label on it and it's kind of nice. We're just enjoying whatever we are right now. What about you and Mike? I bet you'll miss him."

"That's good." Felix nodded, "Mike actually said he'd like me to come meet his parents over summer..."

"What! That's a big deal!" I gasped, really happy Felix had met somebody like Mike.

"I know- it's getting pretty serious. We haven't been dating for that long, but it just feels right." Felix gushed, coming over for a quick hug.

As we were gushing over Felix's big news, my phone pinged with a notification. I reached into my bag, checking it just in case it was Jimmy. What I saw made my jaw drop open. I silently handed the phone to Felix, who's eyes went wide reading it.