XI

Daxx and his friend Connor dropped us off at stupid Jimmy Wellot's stupid birthday party. Angel ran off with Connor's sister Mary to go play and I pouted. Traitor. I saw everyone else in the garden and walked towards it, seeing everyone playing football. I love football! I went to join in, but stupid Jimmy pushed me over. I frowned and went to sit down, sulking away from everyone else.

I could see Angel and Mary with the other girls in our class, all talking. Probably about boys or something yuck, so I won't go over there. I just want to hang out with Daxx. I can't believe he made me come to this stupid, idiot, gross party. I don't care if it's Jimmy dummy Wellot's birthday. I know it's my punishment for fighting him, but it's unfair! I just want home.

Speaking of the dummy, he was coming towards me with a truck in his hands. I scowled at him.

"I have something to show you. Come with me." Jimmy demanded, pulling me off the ground and through the bushes.

We came out into a little clearing. You couldn't see any of our classmates or our parents from here and they couldn't see us. I thought it was really really cool, but I'm not going to tell Jimmy stupid Wellot that.

"I'm sorry for being mean to your brother." Jimmy said, taking me by surprise, "He seems nice."

"Just don't do it again." I warned him, wanting to play with his cool truck.

Jimmy nodded and sat down to play with the truck. I walked towards him and sat opposite him, watching him make truck noises. He was really good at that sound. He smiled at me and we started to play, pretending it was an ambulance and that we were on our way to save lives.

"Quick! You be the patient!" Jimmy yelled, rushing across the clearing and pushing me to the floor.

I giggled and pretended to be dead, closing my eyes and laying out flat. I felt Jimmy push down on my chest repeatedly, saving my life. Then his lips were on mine. I pushed him off quickly, moving back. He looked at me tearily and I wiped my mouth clean. Gross! Jimmy Wellot jhad ust kissed me!

I scrambled out of the clearing, running away from him and bumped into Angel. Jimmy was following close behind me.

"What's wrong?" Angel asked, seeing the panic on my face.

"He kissed me!" Jimmy yelled before I had the chance to talk, "He's gay! He told. He kissed me."

My face lit up red and I got angry. He's lying! How dare he. I protested, calling him a liar, but nobody believed me. He kept yelling that I was gay and everyone joined in, calling me gross. They all thought I kissed Jimmy stupid Wellot because he's a liar. He's a liar! I didn't kiss him. One boy pushed me to the ground and I scraped my knee. I started to cry and they only laughed harder- even Mary and Angel believed stupid Jimmy.

I ran away from them, crying. I saw Daxx and jumped onto his lap. I can't believe he lied. Daxx kept asking what happened, but I only shook my head. Daxx wouldn't believe me either. They all believe that liar Jimmy Wellot.

I woke up with a jump, making my ribs ache.

Of course I would have that dream after seeing Jimmy last night. I took a painfully long time to get out of bed, stretching and heading to the balcony. The scene of last nights crime had no evidence it had ever even happened. I looked down the street towards Jimmy's house, thinking about what happened.

Did it really happen?

In my groggy state, I wasn't exactly sure if it had happened or not. It seemed a bit surreal. I pushed the thoughts out of my mind, seeing Daxx leave for work. I waved goodbye to him and he yelled at me to take it easy today. I noticed my own car was in the driveway- Daxx must have gone and collected it this morning. I looked down the street to Jimmy's house once again, still not seeing anything. He'd probably left for school by now, but I couldn't help hoping I'd see him walking up the hill towards my house so he could explain what the hell was going on.