13 - part 2

I don't know how I feel about Hell. It's kind of homely if you're a demon, but right now, every other demon is afraid of me, which is useful, but I can't get on with things quietly or unnoticed.

I knock on Beelzebub's office door. The problem is that I don't know who the other former Archangel's are, angels look a bit different and their personalities change a bit if/when they fall. Beelzebub is probably my best chance at finding something out though.

"Who izz it?" They sound moody, and annoyed, even worse than normal, you can tell by their buzzing, maybe this isn't the best time, but I'm here now so here goes.
"Crowley."
"Whatever come in." They are reluctant, but no surprise there, what should I say anyway? I have a feeling this is going to go badly. "What izzz it?" They ask, looking up from some paperwork.
"It's a bit of a long story." I say, and I see a split between disappointment and annoyance take over their expression. They sigh.
"Izzz it important?"
"Yes."
"Go on then." And they sit back into their chair awaiting a speech. I tell them everything as briefly as possible. Only for them to reply; "what do you exzzzpect me to do about it?"
"I was wondering if you knew anything."
"Hm" they grumble, not hiding how much they want me to leave. "How should I know anything?" I shrug. They just seemed to be the right demon to go to. "Gabriel mentioned zzomething zzzimilar to me, dun't zzzound like anything though.." they roll their eyes at how much they had buzzed in that sentence, I pretend not to notice.

I leave, still unsure, maybe it is nothing. That night, I go to the top of the building my flat is in and take out my wings, not sure how that might help. I sit on the edge, with a drink. I look up, as if to Her, and murmur quietly
"What the fuck are you up to up there?" Not expecting an answer.

I decide to go to bed that night, and realise I hadn't seen Aziraphale as I'd promised, and tell myself to go tomorrow.

Here we all are, this isn't a memory though, we are all standing in a circle, wings outstretched. Archangels, and former Archangels, except our wings are the same size and shape as they used to be before they burned down to average size ones. They are still black though. Some other former Archangels I do not recognise at all. I look over to Gabriel and raise my eyebrow, is this real or just a dream? He shrugs, seeming to have understood.

Then, there is a voice. It is a voice we all recognise, but most of us haven't heard since the beginning. It simply says this;

Hello.

Er, what exactly is She expecting us to say back? 'Hi, thanks for making us all think the world is ending?'. We all look up, the Archangels much more sincerely and respectfully than us fallen.

You are here, together again, so you may talk, and perhaps, forgive.

Umm, what?! Forgiving isn't normally the type of thing demons get up to. I exchange glances with the other former Archangels; we are all thinking the same thing. Is this something to do with Heaven and Hell joining forces and going against Earth? What is going on?

Forgiveness is needed, but Gabriel and Crowley, you do not need it where you think you might.

This just keeps getting stranger, at least She used my name. I look at Gabriel. I know what She means about me (because of Aziraphale) but what does She mean about Gabriel? The rest of the angels and demons are looking at us now, but mostly Gabriel, because they all know by now about me and Aziraphale working together.

Was that it?! Was that all She wanted? I know the whole 'God works in mysterious ways' thing is an understatement but was that the only thing She had in mind for us? This must be something to do with the ineffable plan, something to do with the future, but what? This makes no sense.

A/N
I'm going to do a third part, but so far this seems to be going fairly well. I know it's a bit blunt but I'm thinking of ways there might be a second series/book to good omens, which would probably have something to do with the war between Heaven and Hell. Anyway thanks for reading, please point out mistakes and send requests for other oneshots (shouldn't do 3 parters in a onshots collection I know 😂)