54 (IH)

"Shit." Crowley muttered, as he dumped some burnt sticky mixture into the bin. This was the fourth lot of failed fudge, but he wasn't going to give up this time. He'd tried this before many times, but had always failed. He could just use demonic interventions, but that wasn't the same, he wanted to do it the traditional way.

He miracled some more sugar, butter and milk into the pan. He would try again and again until he got it right. It wasn't Earth's usual Valentines day, but when it was first started it was actually not in February and was at the time of year it was then.

It was the first real valentines day after Armageddon't, and Aziraphale and Crowley were both being left alone by Heaven and Hell, meaning Crowley wanted this year to be special. He wanted to confront his angel, and he wanted to give him something nice - like fudge - which meant that this time he was even more determined to make it work. Why did human things have to be so hard? He wanted to do it properly though.

A few hours later, a lot more sugar, butter and milk later, a lot of frustration later, and a lot of determination later Crowley finally found himself pouring the fudge mixture into a tray lined with tinfoil.

He held his breath as he poured it, and sighed with relief once all the mixture was out. He placed the pan and spoon into the sink, even though he was not planning on washing up. Why wash up when you can miracle things to be clean?

He'd done it!

He left it to set for an hour, and cut it up. It was a bit sticky, but, otherwise, it was perfect. He was so happy he'd done it, and couldn't wait to see the look on his angel's face the next day.

~~

Crowley entered the bookshop. He secretly loved his angel's shop. It was homely, cosy, and was so... it was so Aziraphale. He loved Aziraphale. Today was the day he was going to tell him.

"Hey Zira." He said, holding onto the little plastic box with the sugary treats inside like his life depended on it. Aziraphale came out from a shelf, and smiled fondly. "I, er, I..." he stuttered, blushing uncontrollably. He attempted to get the words out, but couldn't, so he just handed the Principality the box.

"What's this?" Aziraphale asked, as if to make the situation more awkward on purpose. He pulled away the white ribbon from the little box, and opened it to reveal the unevenly cut up fudge. "Oh, Crowley, you didn't have to." He smiled.

Crowley had his head down in embarrassment, he knew he would be blushing like a tomato and didn't want Aziraphale to see. The angel realised this, and put the box on a nearby desk.

"Thank you, Crowley." He said again. Crowley grinned, but was still looking down. His whole 'cool' outward appearance seemed to be miles away.

All the customers, for some reason, decided to leave, and Aziraphale lead Crowley to the back of the shop and sat down on the small sofa. Crowley did the same, not knowing where this was going. He was just annoyed at himself for being so nervous, demons weren't supposed to be like that.

"I didn't realise you were going to make me something, otherwise I would definitely have something to give you in return." He said.

"You don't need to get me anything angel." Crowley said. He now had the courage to face the smiling angel.

"Well, it's a nice surprise either way." He said. "Although..." he continued after a moment of though, he seemed to be debating whether to say something or not. "I... well, if you got me what you did in the way I think you're implying, then... I feel the same." He eventually admitted, muddling up his words. Crowley looked at the angel, and increased the eye contact by taking off his shades. He couldn't help but smile.

He subtly moved his hand a few centimetres and put it on Aziraphale's. They were only touching fingers but the contact felt so amazing. Aziraphale smiled, relieved that he hadn't just embarrassed himself completely. Crowley smiled more because Aziraphale smiled. They were sitting close together on the small, worn down sofa, and it was such a natural thing when they leaned in.

The time spent leaning in seemed to take years, but when their lips touched and there was even more contact, it was the best thing that both beings had ever experienced. They pulled away a bit, but leaned back in, and continued to kiss. Crowley took his hand off Aziraphale's and wrapped his entire arm around the angel instead. He did the same with the other arm, and Aziraphale copied. They continued to kiss the deep and intimidate kiss they were sharing, and loved it. 6000 years they had both been waiting for this moment, and finally it had come.

When they did eventually pull away, they didn't speak much. "I loved you, angel." Crowley said, in between breaths even though he had no need to breath. He started kissing the angels cheeks repeatedly, and then the forehead, and eventually made his way back to the lips. Aziraphale pulled away.

"I love you too, dear." He whispered, before restarting the kiss. Crowley took off his jacket, and moved forward more onto his angel who was forced to lean back onto the arm wrest of the sofa. He didn't mind the force though.

The author doesn't want to write smut but lets just say that quite a lot of good things happened that night...

A/N
Lol this was inspired by me making fudge tonight. (Word count: 962)