46 (IB)

Picture for no reason 👍

Aziraphale was making his way up the stairs to Heaven, he had always thought that Heaven and Hell thought too much of themselves

Aziraphale was making his way up the stairs to Heaven, he had always thought that Heaven and Hell thought too much of themselves. There always had to be a posh and intimidating entrance, and it had also annoyed him how they had to scare the humans into living a good life.

It was 2010 on Earth, and he had a meeting with the Archangels to discuss some human activity. Of course, it was the humans' fault for getting so messed up with themselves, but the angel just felt that Heaven ought to do something about it.

As he entered the inhumanely clean surroundings, he glanced around and saw Gabriel, Michael, Uriel and Sandalphon standing together waiting for him. He forced himself to smile politely, and went over to them with his hands together.

"Hello," he greeted cheerily. He always tried to be cheery and kind, although it was somewhat forced with the other angels, especially the Archangels.

"Aziraphale." Gabriel smiled falsely. "Good to see you." He could see the lie as clear as day, "you said you had something to say to us." Gabriel seemed to be getting to the point quicker than usual, perhaps he was busy, Aziraphale thought, and he was certainly not going to refuse.

"Yes, well, you know how the humans have been the past few decades about gay people," he started, and received a nod to continue, "well, I think they are starting to accept each other a bit more now, but I was wondering if I could give them a little... prompt, to get them in the right direction."

"No, Aziraphale, you know we should leave the humans to their own business and let them find their way on their own." Gabriel dismissed it quickly, leaving Aziraphale quite disappointed at the lack of consideration.

"Yes, er, quite." Aziraphale retreated.

"I don't know, actually." Uriel remarked. Gabriel internally sighed, and Aziraphale noticed the sense of annoyance radiating off him. "I mean, the humans do sometimes need a little help, and it wouldn't do any harm." Gabriel glanced at his watch.

"I think we might need some more time on this, I'll cancel—" Sandalphon started, but was interrupted by Gabriel.

"My next meeting is very important." He said. Aziraphale felt a little put down by the fact they were not previously planning on taking him seriously and making some time for discussions, but dismissed the thought; it was unimportant.

"It's only with Beelzebub." Sandalphon commented, perhaps he was even trying to change Gabriel's mind. If he was though, he did not succeed.

"And it's important." Gabriel continued, his voice stern as if to make his point.

"Well, we'll make a decision now then." Michael suggested, trying to get away from the conversation point.

"I think the humans are doing fine on their own, and we should leave them to themselves for such an important mile stone." He said.