59 (IH)

It was the middle of winter, and it seemed colder outside than normal. Normally, being a cold blooded snake, Crowley would move to a warmer country at this time of year, but since armageddon't, he'd been spending so much time with Aziraphale and didn't want to leave. He could've asked his angel to go with him, but didn't want him to have to leave the bookshop.

Crowley was in his snake form, and was coiled up by the fireplace that had decided to start existing. The fire was warm, but Crowley was not.

After a few shivering hours of being cold, Crowley decided that being near a fire wasn't working, and he should try something else. The red hot flames decided that they wanted to die down, and the fire went out completely due to what could've been coincidence or a demonic intervention. The demon turned to his human form, and gazed around his flat, unsure what to do.

Maybe he could go to the bookshop, since it always seemed to be warm with angelic love. He tried to miracle himself there, but found himself too cold for his power to be of any use. So, instead, he grabbed one of his thicker coats (although, unfortunately, it wasn't very thick since Crowley only really concentrated on how it looked) and left the flat.

Chilled air greeted him as he left the building and he could see his breath hang in front of him. He really hated this kind of weather and vaguely wondered whether it had been Heaven or Hell that had come up with it. He took one look at the Bently, which had thick layers of frost covering the windows and decided that it would probably be quicker to walk if he couldn't miracle it away.

It was only a 10 minute walk to Aziraphale's bookshop, but when he got there, Crowley's toes had gone numb from cold.

"Hello dear." Aziraphale said, looking up from his book. There was no one in the bookshop, and it had been quiet in the streets, because no sane person would leave their house in these temperatures.

"Hey Zira." The demon replied, before turning into his serpentine form and wrapping himself around his angel. Aziraphale thought it was a bit strange, but didn't complain since he quite liked the black scaley appearance. Instead, he absent-mindedly started stroking the smooth scales and continued reading his book which was on the desk in front of him.

Crowley was grateful for the Principality's body heat and dozed off. Aziraphale got bored of reading after an hour or so and started admiring the large, impressive serpent who he loved so much. A small tongue stuck out a bit as he hissed when taking each breathe, and the angel thought it was quite cute.

Demons weren't supposed to be cute, but his demon was, he thought.

The clock ticked onto 11pm, and Aziraphale stood up after debating whether to or not. Crowley woke, but only opened his eyes lazily. He was still dozing. Aziraphale made his way up the stairs and to the bedroom, and lay on the bed. Angels and demons didn't need sleep, but it had become a habit, and it was nice, anyway, especially in a human vessel.

The angel pulled a duvet over himself, with the black snake still wrapped around him. Crowley appreciated the warmth and comfort of his angel and the bed.

At some point during the night, Crowley turned back to his red haired human without realising, and the angel and demon woke up with Crowley's body still on top of Aziraphale's. They had been hugging in their sleep.

Crowley woke early in the morning (around 4am) and realised the position. At first, he blushed, but decided that it didn't matter since they had both become very comfortable at the close proximity. He gently moved himself off of the angel in case he would get too heavy for him, but still wrapped his arms and legs around him from the side before going back to sleep.

When Aziraphale woke at about 9, he also realised the way that the two beings' legs and arms were entangled in a mess, but only smiled to himself. He glanced at the clock, and decided to hug Crowley a bit tighter for a moment to wake him up as well.

"Hey angel." He mumbled, although he was half asleep. Aziraphale smiled, and decided he didn't have the heart to get up and ruin this moment. Instead, the two lay in together until after noon, but still spent the rest of the day together since a layer of white snow had formed outside overnight.

A/N
Fluffffffffffffffffff (not very good fluff but still fluuuuffffffffff). (Word count: 793)