17 (IB)

Gabriel was on Earth, it was currently May 1914, and there was apparently going to be a big war soon, which meant he wanted to get this job over and done with. It was only a quick blessing here and there, but he had couldn't really send a different angel down because he didn't want to put them into too much risk. He was sure nothing would happen, but it would be unfair of him to let another angel's human form/body get discorporated when this was a job he personally wanted doing.

He was in England,  and was only here to do some minor miracles, but he was about a day early because Heaven had misjudged the timings. He had some time to kill. He was wandering aimlessly around London, observing what the humans had been getting up to. It had been a while since he'd last visited Earth. He found one of the parks, and decided, that with nothing else to do, he might as well sit down. So that's what he did. He was ready to teleport back to Heaven immediately if needed, prepared to avoid the fighting that was to come. He was not looking forward to the next few years; Heaven would be busy.

He watched some ducks on the pond, and the people walk by. He was bored. He had never been good at not being bored when he wasn't really doing anything. Then a stone hit him.

He looked back over his shoulder to see what or who had made the stone hit him. It was only a small stone but he didn't think it was right for people to throw things at other people, whatever it was. He saw no one, so he just turned his head back round to face forwards again, to find Beelzebub sitting next to him.

At this point in time, it may be worth mentioning that Beelzebub and Gabriel were only friends, although they both felt for one another.

"What are you doing here?" Gabriel asked, curiously, not threateningly. In fact, he was slightly pleased to see them, but he didn't know why. He should be smiting, but he was actually smiling.

"Just a job, what about you?"

"Little miracle to perform tomorrow."

They sat silently, although it would only be considered an awkward silence by a passer by. Beelzebub was leaning back a bit using their hands to stop them from lying down completely. And their hand was so close to Gabriel, it would be so easy to accidentally rest his own hand on it. Unfortunately, it would also be so easy for Beelzebub not to like it, and to accidentally kill him. He decided not to take that risk. They both gazed forward, avoiding eye contact. They knew they should hate each other. But they didn't, which meant they could at least pretend not to forwardly like each other.

Gabriel cleared his throat, ruining the silence, and Beelzebub looked at him expectantly. "How are things, err, downstairs?" He asked. Beelzebub just shrugged, and failed to continue into the possibility of a conversation.

Gabriel couldn't help himself from fidgeting a bit, and he rested his hand closer next to Beelzebub's, genuinely not on purpose.

Beelzebub was, without question, a lot more daring than Gabriel, and they innocently shuffled their hand to be on top of Gabriel's. That was the first time since there had been any physical contact between the two whatsoever. It just... hadn't happened before, why would it have? Millions of thoughts suddenly flowed through both of their minds. Beelzebub was impressed Gabriel hadn't pulled away, and Gabriel couldn't stop thinking about how they had just done that seemingly without a second thought.

He wanted this to happen more often. Maybe he could make a meeting with his opposition? He decided that since Beelzebub had initiated this, they wouldn't mind if he changed position to be holding hands. He tried, and Beelzebub didn't refuse, they held onto his hand firmly, and obviously didn't want to let go. They still sat in silence. It was perfect. He wished they could stay like this forever.

He looked at them, and they looked back at him when they realised they were being watched. They smiled. It was a small and rare smile. Beelzebub wasn't likely to smile often, but right now, they were smiling. It was even more perfect if that was possible. He smiled back. They nearly kissed, but it wasn't the right time for that, not in public, anyone could be watching them. But then again, if anyone was watching then this wasn't the best situation to be in.

It was different from then on, and there was a lot more touching hands and smiling.

A/N
Ik it isn't the best but thx for reading. (Word count: 804)