Chapter 6

Sofia POV

We landed on the island and I quickly noticed the beauty of it, it was really breathtaking as one may say.

"It's beautiful Sofia," Amber compliments the environment.

I felt someone walking towards us. I looked around to see who it is, and it's no other than the prince I'm supposed to meet up with, and I never exactly new his name, just his face.

He was quite dashing, but he didn't sweep me off my feet, and beside him was Amber's date.

"Princess Sofia," the man bowed and gave his hand and I took it.

"Prince, uh?," I don't know his name yet, what am I going to do?

"I guess you don't know my name yet," he said and I got a little embarrassed.

"Arden," he said.

"Oh, well, nice meeting you Prince Arden," I giggled.

I looked at Amber to see how is she doing. I know he likes Desmond, but for some reason she didn't tell Mom and Dad that she likes Desmond.

She was getting along quite well with his prince, but it more like a business partnership rather than a commitment.

"Let's go," Prince Arden said and I followed him to our table.

"What do you want to order?," He asked me and I grabbed the menu to choose.

"I want the steak," I said and he furrowed his brows, smiled and asked," You want the steak?," He chuckled and I raised my brow not knowing what is he on about.

"Why?," I asked him. Believe me when I say this, the reply that I got really pushed me to go over this table and punch him in the face.

He said," A woman shouldn't order a steak on the first date."

"Why is that?," I asked for me to get a sense of why he's saying this.

"Well, look at your sister, she ordered a salad," He pointed out to my sister and L looked at the waiter serving them their food.

"Well, that's because Amber likes vegetables, she does eat meat, but she just favors vegetables over meat," I said and he just smiled it off.

"Cute," he signaled the waiter. I decided to let this pass for the moment, atleast give him another chance.

The waiter walked to us, he's like Baileywick but a little shorter and more french? I guess.

"What would you like to order your Highness?," He took out his pen and paper and got ready to write down our order.

"Two steaks please," He chuckled.

The waiter write it down, bowed and left.  I can respect this waiter more than this man.

"While waiting what do you want to talk about?," I asked him and he questioned me.

"What are your hobbies?," He asked and I smiled while answering, " I like enchanted ice skating, flying derby, and sometimes I do a little magic," I replied and he chuckled again, because of this I raised my eyebrow again.

Is there something wrong with what I said?

"Flying Derby?, You really are something princess let me tell you that? What? Do you jouste too?," He chuckled and then I remembered that time when we we're choosing schools.

"Actually, I did, one time," I said and he just laughed softly. "You are truly adorable princess," he touched my hand and looked me in the eye.

"Good thing you're pretty, or else," He said and that statement kept going on and on in my head, and no matter how I try to put it away it just won't.

"Uhmm, Prince Arden with all due respect, I think this isn't going to work," I said and I pulled out my hand from his.

"Oh? Why is that?," He touched my hair and I pulled away and stood up. " It was nice meeting you, but," he cut me off in the middle of my sentence and held my wrist.

"Why? you don't like me?," His voice went a lot louder than expected. Everyone in the restaurant was staring at us.

"It's not that, it's just maybe you can find someone more suitable for you," I said still keeping my reputation and dignity intact.

"Princess, don't test my patience," he went closer and my body was instantly filled with fear. " Nobody likes a rebel princess nowadays, you should thank me that I'm still trying to make this work."

"Hey," I heard someone say and judging by it, it was someone I never expected to see.

My eyes went wide and my whole body went stiff.

"Hugo," I whispered.