Chapter 13

Sofia POV

We're on our way to Rethope right now, I have to meet Prince Arden to discuss about the wedding.

"Sofia, I'm sorry," my mom said and I turned my head. "Mom, it's okay, I understand," I said that about a million times, and I know that it's not okay, it's been a week since the last time I've seen Hugo and for a week I've been crying every night. I ate less, I lost weight, and I was weak.

Seconds later we landed in dry ground. "Your Majesties," Arden was there to personally greet us, his expression wasn't readable, it was all mixed up, his smile was fake and I can see it.

"Prince Arden," I said politely with a small growl in my voice, I didn't see him as someone that I would be for the rest of my life. Especially, the last time that he treated me.

"This way please," he led the way to the garden where a table and some chairs were placed. "Queen Miranda," the king of Rethope greeted us.

"King Faron," my mom greeted. "Lovely day isn't it?," King Faron tried to make small talk. "It is," my mom agreed. "Please, sit," The king said.

Arden pulled back a chair for me to sit in," Princess," he said.

I don't understand him, maybe he's trying to on a show, because his father is there. "Thank you," I still have to say thanks to him.

Arden sat next to me, he was tense and very uncomfortable about the conversation but he was good ta hiding it.

"I don't wanna stray from the topic that we should be discussing, so regarding the wedding," King Faron was a very straightforward king. I see why their kingdom has a strong foundation.

"Yes, I suppose next month will be perfect time to hold the wedding, what do you think Prince Arden?," my mom asked Arden.

"Yes, I think so too," Arden said with a hint of disappointment, but he's trying to hid it.

Why do I feel like he doesn't want to go through with this, he already won, he won against Hugo so why?

"Princess Sofia?," I was cut off from my thoughts by King Faron. "I'm sorry your majesty, I'm not myself today, what was the question?."

"Are you excited for your wedding?," He asked me and that was the question that I know the answer to, but the answer was something I know I'll lie about for the rest of my life.

"I am quite excited," I said with a forced smiled plastered on my face.

I felt Arden look at me, it was a look that he understands what's going on, his eyes apologized to me in a million ways just to earn my forgiveness, so what exactly is going on.

"Arden, why don't you take Sofia for a walk?," Prince Faron asked.

"Yes father," Arden replied. He reached out his hand just for me to take it.

I placed my hands on his and he stared at me, shocked that I trusted him by taking his hand, and I'd like to know what was going on, if he doesn't like this, then why is it happening?

We went far from them so no one could hear us, we sat in a little bench hidden. Silence surrounded us, it was so loud that I could hear each butterfly flap, and the wind speaking to the grass.

"Sofia"

"Arden"

We both said at the same time, deciding to break the silence given to us.

"You first," I said to him and he nodded. His hands clasped together and rubbing his thumbs so he can earn comfort.

I decided to hold his hands so he knows it's alright to tell me. He looked at me, these eyes aren't the Arden that I met on our date, it was different, it was gentle warm, and kind.

"Sofia, I'm so sorry," he apologized.

"Arden, what exactly is going on?," I asked him.

"I know you don't like to hold the wedding, I'm so sorry it's my fault," he said and he tried to find comfort in my hands.

"Arden, tell me," I said and he let out a sigh.

"Sofia, I don't like to marry you," he said and with that everything just got more complicated.

---------------

For my Miraculous Peeps here. I am also gonna be writing another fanfiction called You're Sweeter Than Your Macarons. It is a Miraculous Ladybug fanfiction.

This is the synopsis:

Midnight is when Adrien, scratch that, Chat Noir decided to come to Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. Not at the front door, no, not for a stray cat. Instead he landed on a bluenette's balcony looking for a little company. He found company and plus a tray of macarons with it. And after that he never stopped coming.