• wise words •

Kageyama POV
I had my ball in my left hand and my cane in my right.

It was the first time I've walked by myself since I came back from the hospital.

I knew my way to school pretty well, or so I thought.

When I used my cane to touch what I thought was the entrance to Karasuno, I hit a wall.

"What the hell?" I said to myself. I followed the wall, and that lead to a door.

"Uhh, excuse me" I said, possibly to no one.

After all, I had no idea where I was.

The door had a bell on it, and it seemed like a corner shop.

"Hello son." the person who seemed like a shopkeeper said. "What can I do for you?"

"I...is this Karasuno?"

"fraid' not kiddo, that's in the opposite direction"

crap.

"S...sorry for troubling you sir-"

"Did somebody say Karasuno?"

A door, which sounded like it was from the other side of the room, opened.

The voice that came out of it was annoyingly familiar.

"T..tobio-chan?" It said.

"You know this young man, Tooru?" the shopkeeper said.

Tooru? Am I in the Aoba Johsai area?

"Is that you Oikawa?"

I can't remember exactly what happened after that, but somehow we ended up on a park bench.

"Is that your dads shop?" I say breaking the silence.

"It's my uncles actually. My dad's in Fukushima for work... I heard about your little accident"

"Who hasn't? Everyone at school are avoiding me like the black plague. They won't even let me play!"

"What? Volleyball? What makes you think they'd let you play?"

"I- I dunno! I at least thought they'd let me stay or something!"

"Have you thought about it?"

"Thought about what?"

"How you're going to play"

"Like I normally do of course"

"I thought you were smarter than that Tobio-chan. You can't play like you did before"

I'd been impulsively speaking until now. How am I going to train. I can't even throw the ball up and catch it, how could I be so stupid to think I could.

"Enough about that" Oikawa says, clearly noticing my confusion. "How's Chibi-chan taking all of this"

"Chibi-chan? Oh you mean Hinata. Yeah, fine I guess"

"You sure about that? I saw him a couple of days ago, he didn't look so good"

"H..how so?"

"He was pale and thin, even for him and he was scratching his hand really aggressively, I seriously thought they were going to bleed"

There was an awkward silence after that. I knew he regretted what he said.

"I- uhh can I ask you something" I say to him, slightly embarrassed.

"Sure. Why not" he says, clearly having nothing better to do than answer my questions.

"Can you....help me" I whisper

"Huh? What was that?"

"Can you help me train." I say a little bit louder.

"Hmph" he says, even not being able to see him, I can picture his smug face. "I thought you'd never ask"

Oikawa POV
Any other day, I'd turn down his request in a heartbeat, but seeing him blind and lost really started to piss me off, and I didn't even have to hide my annoyed face.

So much talent wasted in a house fire. I thought I'd be the tiniest bit content. The person that I've almost killed myself to beat is now suddenly not able to play?

It's sick. It makes me sick. If anything, more than ever now, I want to see him play.

We get to the Aoba Johsai gym hall. We learnt about how to handle blind people in health last year, so I guess you could say I was pretty good at it.

I tell him to wait by the side of the gym. Since I was a third year and a captain, I could take the keys and get into the gym quite easily.

I went to the storage room while he waited, and got a hollow ball with a bell in it. I handed it to him.

"What's this?"

"Shake it"

He does, and seems surprised to hear a bell in it.

"Is this-"

"You can't go back to playing straight away" I say, interrupting his sentence which I knew was going to be stupid. "Start with this"

"Why does your school even have this?"

"We're a private school, we have everything"

I help him for a little while. We did serves and hits, he wanted to set but that was the dumbest thing I've heard anyone say.

The point of setting, and his sets especially, is to see the spiker.

Of course I would never say that to his face.

It got pretty late when I offered to walk him home. I didn't expect him to say yes, but he did.

I guess getting lost on his way to Karasuno really scared him.

It's a funny thought. 'The King of the Court Kageyama Tobio' getting scared of being lost.

I guess being blind is a lot harder than it seems.

We get to the bottom of the hill, when we see Hinata getting on his bike.

"Chibi-chan?" I say to him. He turns around and looks worse than he did the last time I saw him.

He looked tired and pale and almost like a twig that I could snap by accident. I looked at his hands. They had dried blood on it.

"Grand King!" He said, in his normal cheery voice, which I thought was weird giving the state he was in. "Kageyama? What are you doing here, with him?"

"I-" Kageyama started. "You see I sorta-"

"He got lost trying to get to Karasuno and ended up in my uncles shop. I just walked him home" I said, not mentioning the volleyball part.

I'm sure Chibi will just get more anxious

"I see" he says. "Are you alright taking him back home?"

I give him a thumbs up and we go on our way. When he was out of side, I took the bell ball out of my hand and gave it to Tobio.

"You took this? Are you allowed to?"

"Nope" I say and smile at him, forgetting that he couldn't see.

He bows to me slightly before walking into his house.

I message him shortly after coming back to my uncles shop. There's a sort of 'blind feature' on his phone that reads messages out to him so I thought it wouldn't be a problem.

Oikawa: Hey, Tobio-chan
Kageyama: Yeah... what's up?
Oikawa: Hey this might be a little strange to ask but I can help you on Mondays since we don't have training.
Kageyama: Woah, are you serious? Are you drunk?
Oikawa: No I'm not drunk! Do you want the help or not
Kageyama: Of course I do. Thanks a lot

Being the good senpai I am, of course I would help him. Maybe it was pointless but not giving such a prodigy another chance would just he wasteful.

By the way, on iPhone there is actually a blind feature if you want to try it out. Just ask siri to turn 'voiceover' on. It's pretty hard so if you want it to stop just say, 'turn voiceover off'