• can you set for me? •

Hinata POV
Eating like I normally would turned out to be a bigger challenge than I thought.

Occasionally I would tell Kageyama that I was eating lunch, when really I wasn't.

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, considering he's blind and all.

I noticed the more time that passed, Kageyamas 'secret' anxiety slowly started to go away.

I would occasionally catch him crying however, and sometimes end up crying myself.

We were walking back from school one day, the gym was empty and I had an idea.

"Hey Kageyama" I said casually. "Do you want to set for me"

He almost spit out his drink and ended up coughing like crazy. Taiyo barked up at him aggressively.

"W...what did you say?" He said, catching his breath from chocking on his milk.

"You heard me" I said. "Do you want to set for me"

"Well of course I want to" he began. "But can I?"

"Sure you can" I say. "All you gotta do is set the ball up and I'll hit it, just like any other day"

"My sets are meant to go straight to you. If I can't see you how is that supposed to happen"

"Sure it'll be a little different, but I think it should be fine"

When we finally got there and the ball was actually in Kageyamas hands, he seemed a little uneasy.

"I don't know about this" he said finally. "What if I mess up?"

"Why wouldn't you mess up" I retaliate.

I position him by the net where he usually stands.

"Kageyama" I say. "You can't receive just yet, but try to just throw it up and toss it"

"But what if I-"

"It doesn't matter, nobody's here"

His expression turns from clueless to firm.

He throws the ball up just a little bit and using an overhand technique lifts it up.

It was terrible, it went way too low and way to long.

I run up to it anyway, barley touching it, though it still doesn't go over the net.

"H...how was that?" he asks.

I pause.

"Needs some work"

He does it again, throws it up slightly and sets it up.

This time the height was near perfect, although it was way too short.

He gets a little startled when the ball lands right next to his feet.

"Again!" I say enthusiastically.

This time however, just when he throws the ball, I say, "Over here!" and clap my hand once.

He was pretty surprised to say the least.

He traced his eyes from the sound to where I would've run and three the ball up like he had been doing this whole time.