• dreams •

Kageyama POV

It's been on my mind for awhile now, and I've decided to put my fantasies aside.

Holding on to a dream like me playing again is a waste of time and energy, for both me and Hinata.

The thoughts of never playing volleyball again makes me sick, but it's something Ive dealing with for awhile though.

I said it out loud when I heard Hinata walk into the gym.

"I quit" I whispered.

"W...What did you say?" He said, surprised and slightly angry"

"I quit!" I repeat "I'm never playing volleyball again!"

He quickly walks up to me and grabs me by the collar pulling me down.

I can tell, even without sight, that he's pissed off.

"What the hell Kageyama! How could you say that!"

"This isn't something that can be changed so easily! What's the point in practicing if I'm never going to be able to play!"

"You don't know that yet. Hell Nobody does!"

"Your being childish Hinata! Holding onto this is only going to affect you and me badly!"

"It's not childish to hold onto a dream!"

"It is when that dream has a 0% chance of coming true!"

I push him away from me.

"This is my choice! I don't see why you need to butt in at all! Why are you even here?! Nobody asked you to be!"

"I'm here because I want to be here. You need me to be here! We're all hoping for a recovery and you're just giving up?"

"I don't need you! I don't need anyone! If you're all holding onto hope like you say you are, that's just stupid. You're all just stupid!"

"Listen to yourself Kageyama-"

"Listen to me! I'm never going to get better. You all just need to stop acting and accept it!"

I run out of the gym. I don't even know where I'm going, but I just keep running.

Running.

Running.

Stop.

Someone wraps around me holding me back.

"Hey, stop!" A voice says, still pulling me back.

Unintentionally I swing my hand, and end up hitting someone in the face, though not as hard as I did Hinata the other day.

"Ow" The person says quietly.

It takes me a moment to realise what I did.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry"

"N...no it's fine"

"Are you ok? Wait... do I know you?"

I recognise that quiet, bland voice.

"Kozume?"

That's Nekomas setter, but what's he doing all the way out here.

"Actually, I'm not used to people calling me by my last name. Just call me Kenma."

"O....ok Kenma. What are you doing out here? Wait, where even are we?"

"Why don't you take a seat?"

He sits me down somewhere.

Based on the cold winds and the thin air I'm guessing we're up high somewhere.