• give it back •

Hinata POV
He punches me in the face, with at least double the strength he was hitting the ground.

I fall back, and he looks at me not saying a word. I feel my face. My nose and mouth are bleeding badly, along with some of my skin.

"DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!"

He screams.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHATS IT'S LIKE. I'M USELESS HINATA! I CAN'T FUCKING SEE! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING BY MYSELF. HOW CAN YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU CAN SEE JUST FINE! I'M TRAPPED IN THIS DARK PLACE AND I CAN'T GET OUT. I WANT TO GET OUT, I WANT TO.... I want to..."

The adrenaline that caused him to say that must've run out, because he went into a sudden state of exhaustion.

He fell to the ground and huffed and puffed.

I went up to him, honestly a little scared that he'd hit me again.

As soon as I got close, he punched me again, for the sole purpose of letting out his anger.

He punched me again.

and again.

and again.

I let him. It was the least I could do.

When I expect him to lunge at me, he doesn't. Instead he hugs me hard, and cries into my blood stained top.

"give it back" he whispers, still tugging on my shirt. "please give it back"

I pull his head close and rub his back, trying to comfort him.

"I'm right here." I say. "Kageyama I'm right-"

"Liar" he whispers, and pulls away from me "Liar! I can't see you, how do I know you're there?!"

I ring the bell on my wrist and he jerks up a little.

If I could do something to comfort him, I would even if just ringing a bell.

He was exhausted. He cried into my jacket for a bit before I leant him against the wall to rest.

I packed up the balls and cleaned up my face, which was still bleeding very badly. I had a good feeling something was broken.

I figured it was no big deal, since nothing could be more broken than the Kageyama I just saw.

Kageyama POV
I woke up in a hospital bed, like I did almost always recently.

I could tell by the familiar toughness of the bed and the smell of sanitiser

Recognising places by there smell is becoming second nature for me now.

This time however, when I tried to get up, it wasn't wires or tubes holding me down, but rather, a literal restraint.

"What the..."
"Tobio-chan... are you awake?"
"Is that you Oikawa?"
"You're folks and sister are at work, and I was your next emergency contact besides Hinata"

I couldn't remember much about what happened to me to get me here.

Why isn't Hinata here?

"Where is Hinata?" I finally ask him.
"Y...you don't remember?"
"Not really... no"
"You had a bit of a breakdown Tobio-chan"

A bit of a breakdown? In front of Hinata? No that can't be right, I always refrain from even crying when I'm not by myself.

"Well... I wouldn't say a bit of a breakdown" He continues. "Scared the living shit out of me personally"

"That didn't answer my question... where's Hinata"

"I really don't think you want to know"

"Oikawa"

"You better rest up before seeing him, I mean you look so bad."

"Oikawa"

"Plus, it hasn't even been that long since-"

"Please Oikawa."

He stops, and sighs.

"You broke his nose" he starts. "And fractured his cheekbone... and very minorly injured his jaw"

I move my hand to punch myself, but am stopped by the leather restraints.

Instead, I hit my head against my pillow.
It all comes flooding back to me.

What I did.
To both him and myself.

I break into a sweat thinking about it.

"Don't worry about it Tobio... be doesn't hate you"

"C...can I see him?"

"No but he can see you, I'll go bring him, he wanted to see you too"

About an hour later, when the doctors explained what happened and took the restraints off of me when I was stable, Oikawa came in with Hinata.

Hinata sat on my bed and Oikawa left the room, leaving us alone together.

I get up.

"H...Hinata"

"Hey Kageyama, are you feeling any better"

I go to touch his face. When I do, he jerks back, not with fear, but with pain.

"That's a good punch you got there" he says while giggling. "Lucky you didn't use that in games though, otherwise could've replaced me easily"

He was talking happily, but quietly. I remember his injured jaw.

"I...I'm feeling much better, thanks" I say. "And what about you?"

"Forget about me. You know I'm fine"

"Hinata I... I'm sorry"

"Please. I'm fine are you-"

"You're not fine."

I pause

"You're not fine"

Hinata POV
He was right. I wasn't fine. Not by a long shot. But he said it himself. How can I tell him to calm down when I can see?

Compared to him, I'm as happy as can be.

"I can't see" he says. "But can you show me"