• patience •

Hinata POV
"Is it true?" I shout, bursting through the waiting room. I turn to see Kageyamas mum and the American nurse talking.

"Is it true?" I repeat, slightly softer and kneeling beside them. "Did Kageyama really go into surgery"

Miss Kageyama gives me a sat nod, and pulls me up to hug me.

I don't exactly know what to make of it, but I end up hugging her back.

"The survival rate is 75%" she tells me.

I feel myself stiffen.

Survival rate?!

I look at her, confused? Sad? I don't even know what I'm feeling.

Nobody told me there was a survival rate!

I sit on a chair in the opposite side of the room, wallowing in my thoughts.

There's a 25% chance that Kageyama will die

"Kageyama..." I whisper. "Dying...?"

I shake the thoughts out of my head.

No.
He can't die.
He won't die.

Won't he?

I sigh and walk to the vending machine, to eat my thoughts away.

I figured it was kind strange, since the last thing I've wanted to do the last couple of days was eat.

I take my wallet out of my bag, and count my money.

10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70

70 yen.

I sigh.

I don't even have enough for a chocolate bar.

"Need some cash?" A voice says from behind me.

"O...Oikawa?"

He looks away and puts some money in the vending machine, enough to buy two packets of chips.

"Tsk" he says and grits his teeth. "That damn king better come out alive"

I could tell he wanted to cry, thing is he had too much pride to do it.

Kageyamas dad and sister were already here, sitting with his mum.

Most of the Karasuno team came in shortly after, exchanging condolences and scared glances.

'He's not gonna die' I mumble to myself.
'He's gonna be fine'

"You doing alright, shrimp?" I look up to see Tsukishima glaring at me.

"Am I doing alright?" I snap.

When I realised I had, I simply said, "Sorry"

"You know..." He starts and sits down next to me. "That damned king is so stupid, even if he did die he'd be too stupid to go through with it"

"Is that your way of making me feel better?"

"Yeah...it is"

It did.

"Thanks"

About an hour into the surgery, a couple of doctors hold us to go to school, since he probably wasn't going to wake up for awhile.

A few people did, and soon it was just Oikawa and I in the waiting room.

That and his family.

I was bouncing my leg aggressively and listening to Oikawa. Although I wasn't exactly listening, just sort of nodding my head and saying 'mhm'