✰ CHAPTER FOUR ✰

THE PARIS TRIPPART TWO

THE PARIS TRIP
PART TWO

Ava's dainty hands wiped away at the frosty tears slipping from her eyes before heading off with James and Michelle to the fish shop. Ava had opted for just telling Michelle she was only upset at seeing her nana, avoiding the more intense trapped feeling she was suffering from, although still clutched tightly at James hand, as if scared she would lose him. Shivering, the trio walked towards the fish shop, the only sound being Michelle's moaning surrounding the trust fund, before noticing the rest of their group already inside awaiting their orders.

"Well, Jenny Joyce was talking through her fat hole about this trust fund thing!" Michelle screeched as she pushed opened the doors to the bustling fish shop.

"Yeah, apparently you need parents to have a trust fund......... and money," Ava sighed, coming to her best mates' side, pulling James along with her.

"What's yours?" Fionnula piped up from behind the counter.

"Don't rush me, Fionnula." Michelle scoffed, pointing a finger at the woman before carrying on with her conversation. "Where the fuck are we going to get the money for Paris now?"

"We could sell our organs." Orla smiled creepily towards them.

"We could. We could sell our organs, or and forgive me if this is a bit left field, but could we not you know get jobs?" Clare almost shouted, annoyed at Orla's idea which was clearly somewhat illegal.

"Yeah, there's no way I'm selling my organs, sorry Orla," Ava shrugged, while sending the girl a look that suggested she was crazy.

"There are no jobs in Derry. That's all you hear anybody say." Michelle dismissed Clare's idea without a second thought.

"So, what are these?" Clare led the group towards a pinboard standing in the middle of the fish shop, listing all the jobs within the local area.

"I never really looked at this before, I assumed they were all dead cat posters." Michelle sighed, gazing at the coloured posters and pictures that hung in front of them.

"Missing cat posters." Clare bit back rather quickly.

"Well, if you're an optimist." Michelle smirked as the groups gaze shifted to a missing cat's picture.

"I'm not sure if I'd be suited to any of these. They're all very practical, and I'm just more creative," Erin sighed, trying to show off he writing skills again, or trying to place herself above everyone else – another common event.

"Ach come off it Erin, Ava is the creative one, you're more of a slabber," Michelle groaned, Ava just nodded at Erin – signifying she agreed with Michelle. Suddenly their eyes fell on another girl around their age who slid in front of them, pulling a babysitting flyer off of the wall.