✰ CHAPTER TEN ✰

THE HOLIDAYPART ONE

THE HOLIDAY
PART ONE

Ava placed the last few items into her hot pink suitcase, decorated with stick on red love hearts & plastic gems curtesy to the young girl. She'd been invited to join Erin's family on their small trip out of town, to avoid the local parades - much like every year, a new tradition for her. After her mum had passed, the Quinn's took it upon themselves to invite the girl along, allowing her to still enjoy family holidays and make memories, even if if she wasn't blood.

Happily, she skated along the street, decked out in another fashionable ensemble while blasting music through the Walkman David had given to her. Her pink roller skates gliding down the hill before coming to a stop outside of Erin's house.

"Morning Mrs. Quinn," Ava beamed, walking into the kitchen, and taking a seat at their kitchen table where everyone was already eating breakfast.

"Are you all packed Ava love? Said goodbye to your nana?" Mary spoke softly, handing the girl a slice of toast.

"Yes everything's in here, my nana sends her thanks," Ava smiled, but before Mary could reply a very panicked Clare burst through the door.

"Listen to it. I mean, just listen to it. They can't I mean, they don't - why do they have to be so loud?" Clare spluttered, clearly agitated.

"Breathe love," Mary instructed.

"It's far worse for me Clare, my hearings impeccable." Erin nodded sympathetically.

"Aye you need a pair of these, as soon as I turn the music on I can't hear a thing," Ava beamed, holding up the headphones and Walkman she'd been using earlier.

"Where'd you get those?" Erin's eyes widened at the headphones before her.

"David Donnelly, I'm sure he would give you a pair, if you ever spoke to him that is," Ava winked at Erin who shot the girl a cold glare, while also mentally planning what she'd say to the boy.

"I've read the same paragraph 47 times because I can't concentrate because ...... oh my god! The noise! This whale he's a bad brute, Mrs. Quinn. I have to know if they catch him. Can I come away with you please?" Clare begged, dramatically waving her book around.

"Okay, well, if your mother has no objections, I don't see why not." Mary shrugged, the more the merrier.

"Thank you, thank you, I'll never forget this," Clare beamed, enthusiastically, taking a seat next to Ava, who was humming the tune of Alannah Myles's Black Velvet, one headphone in, the other out as she listened to the conversation around her.