✰ CHAPTER SIX ✰

THE HISTORY EXAMPART ONE

THE HISTORY EXAM
PART ONE

Following a sleepover supposedly dedicated to revising, the teens were scattered around Erin's bedroom, textbooks, notes, and flash cards were littered around the room, amongst discarded bottles of alcohol Michelle had shared with Ava, secretly. Besides a frantic Clare, was an ever-growing pile of empty energy drink cans, the poor blonde seemingly having developed an addiction to over the course of the night. Across from her sat Erin, glumly staring at the picture frame clutched tightly against her chest, crying to her friends. Unsurprisingly, Orla acted as strange as ever, lying in Erin's chair muttering quietly to herself. On the other side of the room, Michelle sat sipping on Pernod, rolling her eyes every time Erin sobbed, regretting ever saying yes to the sleepover in the first place. Typically, the brunette would distract herself by laughing with Ava, although the Duffy girl had passed out across James lap around three hours ago, completely missing any of the revision the group had done and leaving the boy to awkwardly gaze up at Michelle who rolled her eyes and called him a pervert.

"I just can't get my head around it, the fact that he's gone. Forever." Erin sobbed, eyes glossy as she stared at the picture of Granda Joe and her dog inside, gazing down at her friends who were all uncomfortably left on the floor while Erin hogged her bed.

"It's so sad, it really is. It is so, so sad. But at the same time, you know what's done is done so let's crack on," Clare tutted, unsympathetically, sipping on another energy drink.

"Well, I'm sorry, Clare. Has his suddenly tragic death interrupted your studies?" Erin snapped, emotionally, her voice getting louder and louder, leading Ava to finally stir from in between James' lap and his textbook.

"It has a bit actually yeah." Clare rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath, as she desperately scribbled more revision into her notepad.

"God Erin, will you keep your voice down some of us are still asleep," Ava groaned, after being offered multiple drinks from Michelle girl the young girl had fallen asleep around 3am, her head settling on James' lap, his fingers brushing through her hair, subconsciously while he continued to revise. Clare had attempted to persuade he rest of the group to wake Ava up, seeing she was not revising at all, although Michelle had convinced – threatened - them not to. For some unbeknownst reason, being close to James seemed to be the one of the sonly time her best friend got any real sleep.

"Ava, you are the only one that slept," Erin narrowed her eyes at the girl, offended she hadn't comforted the girl over her loss. "God how can you all be so heartless."

"Don't cry Erin. He's in a better place now. Unless he's not, you know, because unless he's gone to hell." Orla spoke up, not exactly comforting the blonde in the slightest as she tried to reason with Erin.