✰ CHAPTER TWELVE ✰

THE SCHOOL PAPERPART ONE

THE SCHOOL PAPER
PART ONE

Gossiping, the teens came bundling through Erin's front door, their voices filling the small kitchen as they continued whatever argument they were having on the way home from school. Mary's eyes widened at the sight of the kids, particularly their dark uniforms, instantly begging them to all step out of them and throw whatever they could into her washing basket, to avoid her putting on a half load. Leaving the group standing half naked in the Quinn's kitchen, washing the dishes in in a group attempt.

Tugging at her white shirt, Ava became slightly wary of her lacy pink nickers being on display to the entire kitchen. Her hair dangled in front of her face as she leant on James shoulder, commenting on how clean the plates he was drying were, not actually helping out at all.

"Clean." Ava smiled up at James, who nodded gratefully and went to place it in a cupboard, he didn't have the heart to tell her it was clean before he got it considering that was Orla's job. Nor did he want to stop her talking to him.

"Let me have a look at that." Mary interrupted, not trusting the English boy very much. "You call that clean do you?"

"Different standards you see Mary, you're not in England now son." Sarah shook her head at the curly haired boy in front of them.

"Orla was the one who washed it," James frowned, used to being picked out of the group by now for the other's mistakes, although avoided outing Ava as the one who called it clean.

"Okay. I have had it with you James and your picking, picking, picking, and I won't take it anymore. Do you hear me?" Orla snapped. Everyone's eyes widened as they stared on at the stereotypically happy girl finally cracking.

"Is everything alright Orla?" James asked, Ava now coming to stand behind him, resting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I warned you Orla, you're putting yourself under too much pressure," Sarah sighed, looking at her daughter. The confusion in the room only grew as the teens looked around for an explanation.

"Can't fail mammy," Orla looked down towards the ground. Ava looked on sympathetically at her friend, both being away with the fairy's most of the time - school had never stressed the two out, so Ava was worried something more was up with her friend.

"Since when have you been troubled by exams?" Erin screwed her eyebrows together.

"Exams? What are you on about, Erin?" Orla turned to her cousin, confused.

"What are you on about, Orla?" Erin snapped at her cousin, sick of being in the dark to what was going on.

"Step." Orla replied bluntly, causing everyone bar Sarah to stare beyond confused towards the girl.