✰ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ✰

FRIENDS ACROSS THE BORDERPART ONE

PART ONE

Ava fluffed up her hair in the golden mirror that hung next to her front door one last time, humming the tune of UB40's falling in love with you. The house was empty aside the Duffy girl, her nana had moved into a care home within the last month, meaning Ava often stayed over at a friends or invited them round to hers. James had been staying round the night before, although had gone home to pack his bags for the trip, the schools has organised which meant they were to mingle with the protestant lads.

She wheeled her bright pink case up the steps of the Quinn household, her walkman still blasting tunes into her ears, as she knocked on the door. Although before Erin could even answer Michelle had bustled her way in, her cousin trailing behind, as she wrapped her arm over her best mates shoulder and began knocking again.

"Fuck a doodle do," Michelle sighed as Erin opened the door.

"Hi." James mumbled from behind the two girls.

"Hi Erin," Ava beamed up at the blonde and sent her a wave, as they followed her inside.

"Bet that's what he said when he got nabbed." Michelle began as she slung her bag down.

"Who got nabbed?" Erin answered.

"Have youse not heard? You know your man? Floppy hair, English, he's all, fuck a doodle this, fuck a doodle that. He's flat out going to weddings with his mates, until one of them, the fat, beardy one with the skirt, until he croaks it and they're all, we need to show this man a bit of respect here, let's stop all the clocks. He goes with your woman, do you know her? She's a total ride, but she paperclips her frocks together. Well he was caught getting down and dirty with some hooker, in the back of his BMW. Dark horse or what?" Michelle rambled, despite the beyond confused faces that formed in front of her with very word she spoke.

"What on Earth are you on about?" Ava spoke, her bows scrunched together as she tried to decipher what her friend was on about.

"That fella the English one, floppy hair.." Michelle began describing the entire story again, as everyone else groaned in protest.

"Good morning, Michelle." Mary interrupted, already tired from cooking breakfast for the dozen or so people under her roof that morning.

"I am buzzing for this weekend, them waterproof trousers do wonders for my hole," Michelle smirked as she bit into her toast.

"Mine are pink, they're bright pink." James sighed, clearly very against wearing the trousers, unlike Ava he wasn't such a massive fan of the colour.

"Mine too! We can match James, we're gonna look great!!" Ava beamed at the English boy from across the table. He smiled softly in response, his mood only slightly lifted about having to wear the pink trousers, for it made Ava happy.