12 - Hands Off

Unfortunately, the third week is when school starts to feel like school, so on Tuesday, I ended up trying to complete most of my homework and a massive chunk of my history project.

I was sitting on the floor of the living room, papers surrounding me when my mom walked in.

"It is nice to have company tonight!"

I smiled at her. "Yeah, I am glad you get the night off."

She grinned, slumping on the couch with a large glass of wine, "Yes, me too. I love the new job, but boy do those kids ask a lot of questions."

"That is good, though, right?" I asked. It meant they wanted to learn.

"Yes, however, they are all so smart already that sometimes I don't know the answer. Not when they're asking me how to spell a certain type of disease that we aren't even treating." She curled her legs underneath her on the couch.

"After dinner, let's watch the Bachelor. I need a bit of dumb in my life."

I agreed that sounded great, so after a delightful dinner, we watched Monday night's Bachelor together.

My mom ended up getting drunk on half a bottle of wine before my dad came home and laughed at the two of us. Although my parents were okay with me drinking now and then, I wasn't comfortable drinking in front of them, so I was happily sipping on my pop while my dad tried to get my drunk mom to go to bed. Luckily she has a night shift tomorrow, so she'll be able to have a pleasant sleep.

I cleaned up my project and our popcorn kernels before heading to bed that night.

---

On Wednesday, Taylor and I spent some time together. She instructed me where to go and drove us around to a few local thrift stores. I ended up getting a few things to upsell online. I was excited about it, and Taylor ended up coming over to see my extensive collection.

I was delighted when she said she wanted to model for me for my online stores (as long as I let her use the pictures for social media), and we ended up having a closet photoshoot. Even though most of the footage would probably be unusable - we had a lot of fun.

I had caught Taylor sending pictures to Jones a few times throughout the night, and I noticed that she only sent him the cute ones. "Jones, huh?" I asked her.

She blushed. "Don't tell Owen, okay?"

I laughed and faked, zipping my lips.

Jones was 'bored' because he didn't have anything this year on Wednesday nights since he quit soccer. So, I suggested next week the two of them do something, but Taylor insisted I come too, saying that she couldn't hang out with Jones alone.

I agreed because I was happy to be included.

We decided that next week we would go bowling with Jones, but Taylor said she would ask him in two weeks since she was going to her Aunt's next Wednesday. I made her promise she wouldn't use that extra week to chicken out. She was so nervous that he wouldn't say yes, but I said it was okay and that if he didn't, we would just go.

When I asked if we should include Kyle too then, she informed me that on Mondays and Wednesdays, he works at his dad's shop. So I guess it would just be the three of us.

Taylor stayed for dinner, and she got along very well with my dad, telling him stories about the local daycare she works at after school.

"I have always wanted to be a teacher, so I started working at the local daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as soon as I turned sixteen," she explained.