21 - Throw A Fit

"If one of these jackasses throws up in my car, I am going to throw a fit," Owen grumbled as he shoved Eli in the backseat. I was much more careful with helping Taylor sit comfortably, but she wasn't as far gone as Eli was.

I laughed, "I'm sure Eli would pay for it." I stumbled into the passenger's seat and buckled up, double-checking that my phone was still in my hand. It was.

Owen was giving me a look when I lifted my head, and I tilted my head to the side. "What?" I asked him.

He shook his head and pulled away from the curb outside of Georgia's house. The party inside was still loud, and I wondered why her neighbours didn't complain since she must often throw these parties.

I heard Taylor murmur, and minutes later, she was snoring from the back seat. I guess the car's rumbling put them both to sleep since I could see Eli was not conscious either. My eyes shut, wanting to follow their lead. If I didn't keep talking to Owen, it might lullaby me to sleep.

So I kept myself awake by reading directions to Owen. Although I knew where Eli's house was, I was too far gone, and it was too dark out for me to know which streets were which and I had only moved here a few months ago, so I think I deserve a break.

Owen kept asking me if I was sure we were going the right way as we got farther away from Georgia's, and I kept reassuring him that I knew where his house was. I wasn't that drunk.

When we finally pulled up to the front of Eli's, Owen's eyes were wide.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

He shook his head and helped me get Eli out of the backseat.

"Do you need me to help you get him inside?" Asked Owen, staring at the large gate in front of us.

I shook my head and winced as Eli put a little too much of his body weight on me. "No, I texted Brodie. He's coming."

Owen shook his head, "You sure, Betty? I can wait with you and then drive you home."

I shook my head, "No, no, I'll get a ride home in a bit. Take care of Taylor."

Owen looked back at his car, where we could see a passed out Taylor through the window. He sighed and got back in the driver's seat.

"Phone me if you need me, okay?"

I smiled at him as he drove off, trying to hold Eli up. Damn, this boy was big.

All I had managed to do was walk up to the gate with Eli by the time Brodie had arrived.

"Oh, god," Brodie said while taking Elis arm off my shoulder and taking him from me. I straightened my back, and it cracked from the weight taken off of me.

I followed Brodie inside, and we noiselessly got Eli into his bedroom. I don't think Amber would be upset at Eli, but I had never met his dad, and I know it is best not to wake up parents when bringing home drunk kids.

Brodie threw Eli down onto his bed, and Eli groaned, obviously fighting sleep.

I giggled at the sound, and Brodie gave me a goofy look before turning Eli onto his back and taking off his shoes. Eli was probably gross from the dried blood on his hands, and the stench of beer was nauseating at this point, but the best we could do was get his shoes off and turn him over to his side.

"Does he throw up?" I asked Brodie.

He shook his head, finally getting off Eli's left shoe.

I walked over to turn on the light so we could see a little better and whimpered at the drastic change. I was still tipsy if not drunk myself, and it was brighter than I thought it would be.