13 - Nothing To Apologize For

It was fun splashing around the pool for the next hour.

Eventually, Amber came out of the house and announced that she had ordered us a pizza and that we should probably not stay in the pool all night because we would look like prunes.

We had laughed and thanked her. "I have the pool house!" Screamed Jones as he shot out of the pool. I guess he is going to change in the pool house.

Kyle made his way inside to the bathroom. I slid out of the pool and wrapped myself in my towel, checking my phone and answering a message from my dad.

I dried myself with my towel and proceeded to get the rest of my stuff out of my bag so that I could use the pool house after Jones when I realized that I must have left my shirt at school. "Shit," I whispered.

I hope that no one takes it. I'll check the locker room right before class tomorrow.

"What?" Asks Eli, who was standing closer to me, then I thought.

"I forgot my shirt, and thanks to you, my dress is soaking wet," I said, picking it up and putting my dress in the baggy for my swimsuit.

"Well... You could not wear a shirt?" Eli suggested cheekily.

I glared at him, wrapping my towel tighter around my body.

He chuckled, "I'm kidding Betty, you can borrow one of mine."

I smiled, "You don't mind?"

"Not at all." He gestured for me to follow him upstairs. It felt strange to be going into his bedroom in such little clothing, but I guess it is not that weird. We HAD just been in the pool together.

His bedroom was a lot messier than I was expecting, after seeing his brother's perfectly clean bedroom.

"Sorry," he said, as I stepped on a pair of jeans that were lying on the middle of the floor.

I laughed, "The mess doesn't bother me, Eli." It was nice to see he wasn't as perfect as he looked. I mean, I already knew that, but I think he is still pretty close to perfect.

He laughed too, "that's good because I'm not actually that sorry."

He tossed me a large grey t-shirt. It smelled like him and laundry detergent. I had to stop myself from embarrassing myself and sniffing it.

"You can change in my bathroom," Eli said.

I closed the door to his ensuite, and I was happy to see that his bathroom was cleaner than his bedroom. I put on my underwear and my small black shorts - which I didn't forget, thank god. I then put on his shirt and inhaled deeply, now that he couldn't see me.

The shirt was huge, and it went way past my shorts, making it look like I wasn't wearing shorts at all.

I took my hair out of my ponytail and dried it as best as I could with the towel, brushing it out. I could remember a hairbrush and not my stupid shirt.

I put my bathing suit in the plastic bag that I had my wet dress in and then put that and my towel back in my bag. I looked down at my phone, one message.

Have a good dinner! - dad

I laughed. Despite how young my parents seem, they both still sign their text messages like grandparents. I couldn't break the habit.

I went to open the bathroom door and then stopped in my tracks. Eli might still be changing. Even though it is something I would like to see, I wouldn't be happy if he walked in on me changing.

So I knocked on the door. "You're changed, right?" I asked.

I heard him laugh, "Yes, I'm all good."